David Warner Experiences

To be fair, he did sign that one card for you the following day or whatever. My view has always been, beggars can't be choosers. You take what you can get and thank the person and not bag them out on the internet. I know it sucks when players won't sign, but this is the state of the hobby we are in now. Players don't live in a bubble, they see their signatures turn up on ebay constantly.
Naz, your comments inspired me to do a quick eBay search for David Warner items - and you are 100% correct. I think some collectors in general make it difficult for themselves AND the hobby. Players are far more protective of their marketability and individual licensing agreements these days and I can understand the reticence to sign - as an example - the SAME card three or four times.

I've met him after Tests and at ODI's and he's always seemed really nice, maybe just to me though.
I think the trick is to be really polite, there are always some kids who shout out things like 'WARNER! Sign, Sign!!' and it seems really rude and it makes all collectors look really bad.

To be fair, he did sign that one card for you the following day or whatever. My view has always been, beggars can't be choosers. You take what you can get and thank the person and not bag them out on the internet. I know it sucks when players won't sign, but this is the state of the hobby we are in now. Players don't live in a bubble, they see their signatures turn up on ebay constantly.
I know he signed that one card for me and I'm grateful for that, however that doesn't completely excuse his previous actions to others. There is no need for him to be rude about it, because I think if he declined politely then none of us would really have a problem with him. I also think that the fact that every other player in the team around him is more than happy to sign for people makes him stand out as the one who won't.

I've met him after Tests and at ODI's and he's always seemed really nice, maybe just to me though.
I think the trick is to be really polite, there are always some kids who shout out things like 'WARNER! Sign, Sign!!' and it seems really rude and it makes all collectors look really bad.
I wish he was like that at trainings :(

I wish he was like that at trainings :(
I feel your pain...
For example, before the World Cup, I went to a warmup at the SCG and the English were batting and so some of their players including Broad, Jordan etc. were playing in the nets. There was barely anyone there and everyone who was were experienced collectors including Naz (I think?). They were very kind and polite, and signed multiple items for everyone, and even gave me and my friend balls they had used during their training. Similarly at another game the West Indian players signed multiple things, many posed for photos, Curtly and Courtney signed many items and Clive Lloyd was funny and had a conversation with me. Conversely at all the CWC games I attended, players were in a rush, wouldn't sign or signed badly, mostly because all these 10 year-old cricket 'fans', who suddenly knew all the players names (from looking at their jerseys), who shout things like "de Villiers, sign now sign now!!" which is aggressive and disrespectful, especially while these players are playing in a International tournament professionally. I think, that these kids are giving us a bad name, those people who are polite and respect the players.

I feel your pain...
For example, before the World Cup, I went to a warmup at the SCG and the English were batting and so some of their players including Broad, Jordan etc. were playing in the nets. There was barely anyone there and everyone who was were experienced collectors including Naz (I think?). They were very kind and polite, and signed multiple items for everyone, and even gave me and my friend balls they had used during their training. Similarly at another game the West Indian players signed multiple things, many posed for photos, Curtly and Courtney signed many items and Clive Lloyd was funny and had a conversation with me. Conversely at all the CWC games I attended, players were in a rush, wouldn't sign or signed badly, mostly because all these 10 year-old cricket 'fans', who suddenly knew all the players names (from looking at their jerseys), who shout things like "de Villiers, sign now sign now!!" which is aggressive and disrespectful, especially while these players are playing in a International tournament professionally. I think, that these kids are giving us a bad name, those people who are polite and respect the players.
This is one of the truest things I have ever read.

I have generally noticed that there is always 1-2 people who spoil it for every one. They get over excited (which is understandable when you meet your heroes for the first time say). I try to generally be very polite with the players and they are always nice in return. Some times when I have had players not sign (they almost always sign), it's because they are in a rush. They cannot always sign.

I have generally noticed that there is always 1-2 people who spoil it for every one. They get over excited (which is understandable when you meet your heroes for the first time say). I try to generally be very polite with the players and they are always nice in return. Some times when I have had players not sign (they almost always sign), it's because they are in a rush. They cannot always sign.
I 100% agree with you, especially after games, I try always to congratulate the player of commiserate with them and generally they are more warmly disposed towards me.

Unfortunately @Wookiedragon and @cricketmad1212 it appears you got lucky in Sydney with David Warner signing everything. At T20 training yesterday he exploited every opportunity to avoid us. From only doing 6 hitting practice on the oval and not having a net session, to going an obscure way down to the change rooms, to even leaving in a car, without the team!! Was utterly disappointing, however I guess I've just come to kind of expect it now. :(

If someone on here recently sent David Warner some cards and US$4, you are a lucky man!

upload_2017-11-18_10-31-48.png

whats the story with warner post sandpapergate?
is he friendly these days or what (i'd like to point out that handing your batting gloves to a random kid shouldnt be a marker for his 'kindness')?
just want to find out if its worth hitting him up at the perth test this season

No it’s not worth even talking to him , I no someone who tried and he said fuck off and sign them yourself absolute fuckwit

Back
Top Bottom