David Stern Says....

Real Name
Craig
eBay User
White_Chocolate_55

Best Of Seven First Round Was Supposed To Prevent Upsets 4th May, 2007 - 9:04 pm
ESPN -

In an interview with ESPN during Friday's game in New Jersey between the Nets and Warriors, David Stern was asked how he felt about the 8th seed Warriors defeating the top-seeded Mavericks.

"They were never supposed to," said Stern. "The four out of seven was supposed to make sure that the better team won."

Best Of Seven First Round Was Supposed To Prevent Upsets 4th May, 2007 - 9:04 pm
ESPN -

In an interview with ESPN during Friday's game in New Jersey between the Nets and Warriors, David Stern was asked how he felt about the 8th seed Warriors defeating the top-seeded Mavericks.

"They were never supposed to," said Stern. "The four out of seven was supposed to make sure that the better team won."

Obviously they did!! It perhaps goes to show that regardless of win/loss ratios there really isn't much between the top teams in the West.

maybe they should change the rankings so that the top 8 go in order on win/loss ratio.. meaning WHO CARES IF THEY WIN THEIR CONFERENCE!! (yes may not have helped in this situation, but still needs revised)

the warriors did sweep the season series didn't they? so if you look at these two teams only warriors is the better team...

but there are 28 other teams in NBA..

call me crazy, but I still think the mavs is the 'better' team (if you compare them with the rest of the NBA, not JUST the warriors) - it's just that they are unlucky to meet the one team that swept them for the season.

As for the warriors beating the mavs, I think it has more to do with don nelson - he coached the mavs from since they were not winning, he knows their strengths and weaknesses.

Back
Top Bottom