David Stern answering questions NOW on Twitter

@kennyclark05
Kenny
@NBA How can the league cite competitive balance as a reason for this terrible offer when 3 of final 4 teams last year were not tax teams?

@NBA
NBA
.@kennyclark05 The last five NBA champions were taxpayers

@momomoses7
Paul Moses
@NBA And why are players being "unreasonable" and "greedy" when they are the only side making sacrifices from previous CBA?

@NBA
NBA
.@momomoses7 Players not unreasonable or greedy; system is broken

@One_Sage
Michael Sadoff
@NBA using the D-league 5 year $75k demotion clause, are you trying to get out from guarantee contracts? Isn't this clause a bit too unfair?

@NBA
NBA
.@One_Sage No such clause was even proposed

@DwyaneWade
Dwyane Wade
@NBA why are all your "system solutions" only impacting the PLAYERS?? What have the owners giving up of significance??

@NBA
NBA
.@DwyaneWade The economics & system favored the players in prior CBA -- Teams lost over 300m last year

@LLCOOLREN
Loren Lewis
@NBA is the BRI funds the players share with the owners along with their salary that they already make?

@NBA
NBA
.@LLCOOLREN 50% of BRI would fund players' salaries

@gostu22
Stuart Goldberg
@NBA why don't you raise max salaries so teams can't fit multiple stars under the cap? Seems like it would enhance comp. balance...

@NBA
NBA
.@gostu22 Max salary will be $20 mill in year 3: higher maxes would take money from other players especially middle class

@BimaThug
BimaThug
@NBA How EXACTLY will the luxury tax be calculated starting in Year 3? Throwing out random #s doesn't indicate its relation to salary cap.

@NBA
NBA
.@BimaThug Tax calculation in year 3: 53.5% of BRI, subtract player benefits, divide by 30: projected at $74 mill

@kc1nyk
KC
@NBA Is it true that u guys are thinking about making the age minimum for the draft 20 years old rather than 19. And can u explain amnesty?

@NBA
NBA
.@kc1nyk Minimum age is subject to further discussion with union; amnesty excludes a waived players’ salary from his team’s cap

@JohnLigon
John Ligon
@NBA What would be accomplished by offering a worse deal if the players reject this one? Isn't that just giving up on the season?

@NBA
NBA
.@JohnLigon Teams suffering enormous losses; no choice but to recover if season does not start soon.

@AndrewMBogut
Andrew Bogut
Dear @NBA . Im off to workout and do what I love. Even though Im not getting paid a dime. Thanks

@mcten
Dave McMenamin
@NBA Explain why you will revert to an alternative, lesser deal if the current offer isn't accepted. How is that bargaining in good faith?

@NBA
NBA
.@mcten Teams suffering enormous losses; no choice but to recover if season does not start soon.

@bagsack
bagsack
@NBA If decertification of the Union occurs, will players' current contracts become void?

@NBA
NBA
.@bagsack If decertification occurs, players' contracts would become void

@NBA
NBA
.@kevincote Spending & competitive balance are closely related. A fair agreement deals with both.

@LarryCoon
Larry Coon
Funny that Stern just said, "spending & competitive balance are closely related." I'm working on a piece right now where I quoted Adam Silver saying, "The competitive issues are independent of the economic issues."

---------- Post added 14-11-2011 at 12:51 PM ----------

leaked proposal docs

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/nba proposal 11-11-2011.pdf

to me this just confirms that player agents are not giving the players all the info or misguided info.

@JohnLigon
John Ligon
@NBA What would be accomplished by offering a worse deal if the players reject this one? Isn't that just giving up on the season?

@NBA
NBA
.@JohnLigon Teams suffering enormous losses; no choice but to recover if season does not start soon.

I laugh at this....... I thought 22 of the 30 teams were all losing money!?

Back
Top Bottom