Darius Rice scores 52 points in the D-League title game... with 11/19 3pts!

theflyinggerco

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Matthew
eBay User
theflyinggerco
COMC User
Gerco
from ESPN.com

Darius Rice scores 52 points in the D-League title game.
Ex-Miami star makes 11 3-pointers in title game

BISMARCK, N.D. -- Darius Rice scored a playoff-record 52 points to help the Dakota Wizards win the NBA Development League championship with a 129-121 overtime victory over the Colorado 14ers on Sunday night.

The former University of Miami forward was 11-of-19 from 3-point range and 18-of-29 overall from the field. He was 5-of-7 from the line and had seven rebounds.

Rice, who also set a league playoff record for 3-pointers, hit a 3-pointer to send the game into overtime tied at 109.

Maurice Baker added 19 points and 10 rebounds for Dakota.

Pooh Jeter led Colorado with 30 points, and Tony Bobbitt added 29.

Tony Bobbitt? Is that an unfortunate coincidence, or is that the guy who lost his bratwurst to his jealous wifey, Lorena??? lol! That was his name wasn't it, Tony?

11/19 3's is unreal!!! and axeman im pretty sure that was John Bobbit? John Wayne BObbit is a name in my head for some reason ???

11/19 3's is unreal!!! and axeman im pretty sure that was John Bobbit? John Wayne BObbit is a name in my head for some reason ???

I think you might be right, Matty! That rings a bell for me too, although not as much as the gentleman in question... ;) But back to the topic, swwet shooting indeed!

11/19 3pt attempts, thats bloody ridiculous! youd think after the first 5 or 6 theyd be manning up and playing some perimeter D! :lol:

11/19 3pt attempts, thats bloody ridiculous! youd think after the first 5 or 6 theyd be manning up and playing some perimeter D! :lol:

From memory Rice is 6'10 or 6'11 and a small forward, he might be shooting over them. He could find himself on a NBA roster again if he can keep that up. His main problems was that he was a poor rebounder for his height, mainly because of his weight, only around 220lbs and his lack of defensive skill and effort.

Back
Top Bottom