Dajuan Wagner signs with Warriors

lockymac

Graded Mint 10 by GEM!!!
Real Name
Lachlan
eBay User
lockymac
Great to see him back in the league after he has some medical issues.
I hope he can fulfil his potential.
Last week, Wagner had 65 points on Wednesday in the Cherry Hill League, including 15 threes. The next night, he had 67 points at Drexel in the Rankin/Anderson League. Now, 132 on consecutive nights will get your attention.

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Dajuan Wagner, the once-promising point guard whose NBA career was derailed by injuries and a serious illness, signed with the Golden State Warriors on Friday after being out of the league for nearly two years.

Wagner was the sixth pick in the 2002 draft by the Cleveland Cavaliers after just one collegiate season at Memphis, but health problems prevented him from becoming the star most expected.

After averaging 13.4 points in 47 games as a rookie, Wagner's second season in Cleveland was limited to 44 games and limited playing time after arthroscopic surgery on his right knee. He played just 11 games early in the 2004-05 season before his years of stomach pain were diagnosed as colitis, an inflammation of the colon.

Wagner's colon was removed last October, and he lost 30 pounds before returning to workouts this year in hopes of a comeback. Several teams expressed interest in Wagner, who will join a backcourt in Golden State with Baron Davis, Jason Richardson and second-year pro Monta Ellis.

Wagner, the son of former NBA guard Milt Wagner, is the leading scorer in New Jersey high school basketball history, once scoring 100 points in a game.

The Warriors open training camp Oct. 2 in Oakland.

what was his nickname? baby Iverson?

man thats a sick amout of points...amazing....i remember in the same week he got 100 points......some other high school kid got 101 points...not sure who that was........Wagner's ability to score at will is amazing.........but yeah....I wonder if there was a whole lot of defence in the games he scored 100, 65 and 67 though....

not putting him down or anything........but has everyone noticed they never talk about his assists?? its always how many points he has scored.....LOVE to know how many assists he got in those games.........how frustrating would it be as his teamate, he would rather shoot than pass..... thats what makes Lebron James so good...he gets his teamates INVOLVED.Wagner doesnt.........he would rather score than get his teamates involved......kinda like kobe's 81 point game he only had 2 assists......i think a game where someone gets 20 points and 5+ assists is a better game than a 65 point game 3 assists.....

Wagner also recently dropped 80 in a charity game.... Good to see his back in the league and i hope he can stay healthy.. I watched HS footage and Wagner was something special!!! Amazing ability to score!!!!!!!!!!

As for assists.... He ranked fourth among all rookies in scoring and assists in 2002-03, highlighted by a career-high 33-point outing against the Toronto Raptors on December 11, 2002. During one seven-game stretch in November/December (11/29/02 - 12/11/02), he averaged 24.1 points and 5.3 assists

:)

aw nice......if he can do assists like that, i wish people would talk more about that part of his game instead of always points......far out i can't beleive the amount of points he scores.....thats amazing..especially at his height....he and iverson have shown this is not just a big mans game!...gives hope for the short players around the world to make it

good luck to him, though I hope he doesnt impede on Monta Ellis' development, coz that kids going to be a gun!

racking up those kind of points is a physical effort though, defense or none...I dropped 58 in a unisex game once, so basically very little D, and was buggered as all get out afterwards LOL

he's a flat out amazing scorer, he has lots of skills, i think something like 13 ppg as a rookie, let's see what he does. funny, warriors now have two very offensive minded pg's, monta and him.

Apparently his health has been deteriorating, although the Warriors were going to retain him if Adonal Foyle accepted a buyout of his massive contract (which he refused to do).

Back
Top Bottom