cardfund

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Rhys
eBay User
cardfund
COMC User
card_fund
Interested in what members are doing with grading given the current market? Obviously PSA is out of action and now Beckett. I don't know what to do, has anyone tried SGC? For some cards I really think they suit BGS/PSA not so sure about SGC. Also not keen on HGA.

Even when PSA open up, can't help but think they will be flooded again.

Something else on my mind; in Australia, I am assuming even once PSA/BGS opens back up, the minimum all in cost (Grading + Shipping to and from) will surely be above $60 AUD? I think this creates a bit of distortion in 'comps' internationally. The way I see it now, if you are picking up a PSA slab in the $50-$70 range you have a lot less downside domestically.

Anyway keen to hear some thoughts on grading!

Cheers

I've got like 30-40 long-term PC holds that are sitting raw, just waiting until something smooths the grading game out. Not too concerned how long it takes.

I'm not in a rush since they're not for a flip, but I eventually want them all graded so I can easily sell them when the time comes for the most $$$.

Everything else I'm just selling raw as I can for raw prices, simply for liquidity and to get them off my hands. My aim is to reduce the size of my collection (currently 280-ish cards in total, I want to eventually have it down to around 50) - I've been doing this for a few years (down from like 1000 cards) and consolidating into bigger PC items and smaller set chases. Basically anything that I can't see myself being willing to pay $75 - $100 each to grade for the long-term is being sold raw for what it gets.

In terms of buying graded right now, if there's a card from a set I'm collecting that's already graded, I factor the grading cost into my budget, but I'll only pay an extra $30 or so AUD for it - and NEVER unnumbered base cards.

I'm sitting on a couple of cards for grading with a wait and see approach.

Probably helps I've got a sneaky economy PSA Sub on it's way back that satisfies my grading itch :D

I would be keen on sending some into SGC if someone wants to organise it. Possibly group submission.

Not sure about AI grading. I like the chances of a human might just grade my 9.5 as a 10 because they're in a hurry to go to lunch.

Back
Top Bottom