Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Don't care just let me sell

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Way overpriced

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Can only keep rising

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
This is up to $80 within 1 hour of it being listed in an auction on a Facebook group. #d /349 of the king, nice card and not super easy to find, but I just dont get the prices some stuff is going for.

D9DBEF04-3E58-4F72-ACBB-82FADD39309B.jpeg

Sealed packs/boxes have risen 300-400% since January. It's completely insane and unsustainable.

I'm guessing Panini aren't making that much more than usual, just the middle men raping the retailers of stock and ripping everyone blind.

This is up to $80 within 1 hour of it being listed in an auction on a Facebook group. #d /349 of the king, nice card and not super easy to find, but I just dont get the prices some stuff is going for.

D9DBEF04-3E58-4F72-ACBB-82FADD39309B.jpeg
The FB group I'm in seems to be a lot of people who have no idea about the hobby. There's a lot of scams going on as well... People listing cards for sale with "recent comps" in the photos but they'll have gone to 130point and chosen the highest selling listing out of 5 and only shown that one in their "comp"... Also most of the time it's a buy it now or accepted offer listing, which we don't even know is a legitimate sale or if the buyer has followed through with payment... Auctions seem much more indicative of true market value.

Am I wrong in my assessment after being back in the hobby for about a month that it seems to be whatever is visually appealing goes for a high sale price? It's so fascinating after collecting 10+ years ago when autos and patches were all the craze to see holos, refractors and prizms seeming to be driving the sales traffic at the moment rather than autos...

I collected as a kid in the 90s and again in the mid 2000s. I'm only just returning to collecting after about 12 years out and I'm finding the prices crazy! Prices and even product availability are making it pretty difficult to get back into the hobby at the moment.

don't have to follow all the hype and expensive cards! There's plenty of under appreciated cards and players out there for great prices!

zig when they zag. or is it zag when they zig?

you know what i'm sayin

I totally agree.

There are some incredibly affordable cards out there of all the best players. Even of Jordan and LeBron from top releases.

Sealed packs/boxes have risen 300-400% since January. It's completely insane and unsustainable.

I'm guessing Panini aren't making that much more than usual, just the middle men raping the retailers of stock and ripping everyone blind.
you hit it...the price of box's are pricing many out of the market. some prices are just jaw dropping...

Pack and box prices are going nuts. Pretty much pricing younger kids out of the hobby. Even the supposed cheaper boxes are ridiculous. Also kids trying to pull cards of their favourite stars only to see companies reintroducing old players form the 50's isnt great either.

Pack and box prices are going nuts. Pretty much pricing younger kids out of the hobby. Even the supposed cheaper boxes are ridiculous. Also kids trying to pull cards of their favourite stars only to see companies reintroducing old players form the 50's isnt great either.

Yeah, that's why I don't like the new Spectra...most autos are players most people have never seen or heard of.

Just when I thought prices were gradually decreasing they've shot back up again. Cherry has increased prices on packs/boxes across the board.

Hoops hobby packs went from $10 last week to $40 today.

Mosaic cellos up to $80 from $50. Blasters up to $300 from $170.

Donruss Optic retail box from $700 to $1200.

Gouging the market like shameless pigs (as if they weren't already making enough)

Buying packs/boxes isn't even a consideration anymore.

Cherry's single card prices are about 5-6 times the market value, also.

Back
Top Bottom