tangent

Nonsport - Comics/SciFi
Real Name
Jen
eBay User
tangentuk
My two and a half cases. No redemption cards and no printing plates
icon_frown.gif
but there's an extra sketch per case which is nice (and appears to be standard). The chase sets are very nice as well.

First case sketches:

Camera - Tweedledum / Moura - Batman (Grayson?) / Shelton - Nightwing
DeJarnette - Maxie Zeus / Richard - Commissioner Gordon / Duron - Great White Shark?
CZBatman%20case%201a.JPG

Borgonos - Batman / Shane McCormack - Bruce Wayne / Pronovost - Grundy
Wheeler - Batman / Ahmed - Catman / Torrance - Hush
Fraim - Hatter
CZBatman%20case%201b.JPG

The Shelton Nightwing is amazing and the only one I will be keeping. I have no interest in the villains and I am trying to restrict myself to 1 or 2 of each of only a few characters.

Second case sketches:

Dominguez - Robin / Clayton McCormack - Two-Face / ??? - Scarecrow
Duron - Dragon / Treece - Commissioner Gordon / Shelton - Robin
McKee - Joker
CZBatman%20case%202a.JPG

Treece - Robin (Damian) / Camera - R'as al Ghul / Lagunsad - Joker
Fabul - Ivy / Maell - Joker / Cook - Ivy
CZBatman%20case%202b.JPG

Very heavy on the villains so no keepers. The Shelton and Lagunsad are my favourites.

Third half case:

Bulda - Joker / Pace - Joker / Wheeler - Joker
Phillips - Batgirl / Moura - Question / Chuckry - Azrael
Goulart - Bane / Gorman - Batman
CZBatman%20case%203a.JPG

Definitely keeping the Moura Question and probably the Phillips Batgirl and Gorman Batman.

Nice lot there - i didnt even kno these were around (might try get me some)

The 3 jokers from the 3rd case look good together

Nice break. The average sketch quality seems really high for this product, your 2 1/2 cases didn't contain any bad sketches which is impressive.

yes, the quality seems really consistent. Nothing bad but I actually think there's not as many good sketches as DC New 52. The Sheltons are obvious standouts, but the previous Cryptozoic set had several artists of that level who were also reasonable volume - Kardash, Lak Lim. This one only has the low volume high end artists (Hall, Kadar, Perna, Glebe). Of course, I think I am slight biased by the fact I have no interest in the villains and many of the cases I have seen are reasonably villain heavy.

If your busting multiple cases a couple of bad sketches is probably reasonable trade off for an increased chance of a great sketch. It seems like you could buy a single box and be pretty much guaranteed to be reasonably happy which is nice for low volume buyers but less great for big purchasers.

If your busting multiple cases a couple of bad sketches is probably reasonable trade off for an increased chance of a great sketch. It seems like you could buy a single box and be pretty much guaranteed to be reasonably happy which is nice for low volume buyers but less great for big purchasers.

That's a good observation and I think pretty fair. I started doing case buys because the best sketches never hit eBay and are not affordable when they do. You're right, this is a much better product for the box buyer. I will probably drop to one case for these and pick up sketches directly, particularly as the sketch prices are fairly reasonable for these products.

Back
Top Bottom