Cricket World Cup - 2011

jacko

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Jacko
Next year is the cricket world cup between February - April, being held in India,
Sri Lanka and Bangladesh and I have recently found out I will most likely be going.

My dad and I would love to go but we are concerned about safety, with 5/6 of NZ's group stage games being in India. Is anyone else going? What are your thoughts in terms of safety?

One things for sure, we won't be going to the Pakistan V New Zealand with the Indians hate of Pakistan.

Thanks for reading, i'm interested in your thoughts.

I wouldnt be going mate. As you said It's not the safest place to be at. Id rather be in the comfort of the living room.

Hi,

I would love to go, but unfortunately could not get time off work. Instead Dad and I are off to Sri Lanka instead.

It depends on each individuals opinion but if it is your safety you are worring about. Dont drive a car, Don't cross the road, don't use a microwave or mobile phone etc,etc.

Your safety is paramount, but if it is terrorists you are worried about we all might as well stay at home. My point is.... go have a great time, chances are that you will and the worst thing that might happen is delhi belly or your flight is delayed.

Good luck with your decision, hope the Kiwi's get to play Australia in the final...........

Craig

Hi,

I would love to go, but unfortunately could not get time off work. Instead Dad and I are off to Sri Lanka instead.

It depends on each individuals opinion but if it is your safety you are worring about. Dont drive a car, Don't cross the road, don't use a microwave or mobile phone etc,etc.

Your safety is paramount, but if it is terrorists you are worried about we all might as well stay at home. My point is.... go have a great time, chances are that you will and the worst thing that might happen is delhi belly or your flight is delayed.

Good luck with your decision, hope the Kiwi's get to play Australia in the final...........

Craig

Thanks for that Craig. I think it helps that my dad has been to India twice before, and knows what he's doing.

Are you going to Sri Lanka for the World Cup, or for a holiday?

Yeah I think your right, we would be better of just going and enjoying it then not going and being left dissapointed because we didn't go.

Yeah that will be perfect, if New Zealand make the final, it will be even better if they beat Australia.

wait until it comes here mate, thats what i'm doing.. With big events comes trouble there so i would stay out. Hopefully nothing happens at the Commonwealth games later this year

Hi,

We are going to watch Australia play Sri Lanka, hopefully something in Columbo and down in Galle. To me it would seem that if your Dad has been a couple of times he might know what to expect with crowds, getting around and being a smart tourist.

I agree with Warne that it will be great when the Cup comes to OZ in 2014/15, but not so sure about problems with big events. each to their own, as i mentioned earlier to you, your safety is most important and only you can make that choice whether to stay or go.

Should be interesting to see if your outcome is wooda, shooda,coulda or gunna.

All the best,

Craig

Back
Top Bottom