Cow Corner - Dean Jones & Sir Ian Botham

BoondasH1

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Raj
These bad boys are out and ready to purchase, great to see a collector making quality cards for fellow collectors!!

Cow Corner brings to you a limited edition of only 50 cards of each player in three unique colours. Personally autographed by Dean Jones ("old school full signature") and Sir Ian Botham!!!

1542856765100.png

Thanks for promoting these @BoondasH1

Sales have been quite strong and in the first day a quarter of the stock has been pended or sold, so very pleased with the response. Thanks all. Prediction is that they should be sold out within 3 months - fingers crossed.

Great work Naz, looks awesome and such quality players!

My Lynn has pride of place in my collection.

Any chance of a bash brothers (McCullum and Lynn) dual auto or maybe a Ryan Harris?

Thanks Brendan. Never know what the future brings. I could never have imagined I'd be producing signature cards with Hadlee/Chappell/Botham/Jones so we'll see where this road next leads :)

Hey @nazimcricket, I know we have spoken before about this a while ago but did you contemplate fading an area for the guys to sign in so it looks more signature official? I’m loving your work and been buying them all but not a fan of IP sigs and think if you designed them with a specific area to sign it would make the cards look more official and less like an IP sig. Not a criticism but thinking of how a great product could appeal even more. And maybe a nice big SIGNATURE up the side would look great too. Great work by the way.

Hey @nazimcricket, I know we have spoken before about this a while ago but did you contemplate fading an area for the guys to sign in so it looks more signature official? I’m loving your work and been buying them all but not a fan of IP sigs and think if you designed them with a specific area to sign it would make the cards look more official and less like an IP sig. Not a criticism but thinking of how a great product could appeal even more. And maybe a nice big SIGNATURE up the side would look great too. Great work by the way.

Personally, I find those white signature boxes a bit poxy. The ESP signature Young Guns from a few years back looked shite as they just had a blank white space for the signature. I see where you are coming from, just a little bit of difference between the image and signature. All food for thought for Old Naz :)

Hi Darren,

I did actually test that out on a prior occasion and what I found is that some players, Botham may be the classic example here, don't seem to use the signature areas as they were intended and that really mucks things up. You may have noticed in this case, he even signed across his face a bit. Jones on the other hand was very meticulous with where he signed but he has a large signature which I was mindful of and was concerned that it wouldn't fit nicely in a box.

The trick is to also ensure that the signature doesn't take away from the artwork. In this case I have to confess the artist produced a slightly different style than what I had requested and my original request - which was going to be a torso rather than full-body caricature, the signature box would have worked much better - but far be it for me to second guess someone who has just won the Stanley Award for Caricaturist of the Year :)

Having said all this, for the next one, if I have the right player with a signature of the style of Chappell/Border/Hadlee/Manou etc who are known to be very neat and compact, I will certainly do some more fine tuning of my design as I do agree with you :) Always room for improvement.

One of the most disappointing things for me this time around has been the pen used. I did a lot of testing and found that a specific model of Staetdler pen dries the fastest on the laminate my printer uses. The issue which I didn't find out about until after the signings were done is that Staetdler decided to change the formula of their ink to make it so it doesn't dry out if the lid is left off and this latest version of their pen is significantly lighter than the previous version. If I had known, I would have tried to track down the previous version of their pen, which I actually have several of all lying aroundbut are all fading by now - d'oh! An alternative would have been to go with a thicker point Staetdler which I used for the Lynn cards but it is harder for people to hold - especially when they are signing 50 cards. So much thought and work goes into these things and it's annoying when little things don't go to plan - but hopefully I will get a few more opportunities to improve things.

Foil printing was another option that I was toying with but the cost due to low volume would have meant I would have to price these cards a lot higher and I didn't think that was fair on collectors, especially the younger ones who have to rely on mum and dad to buy these as Christmas presents etc.

Thank you for continuing to support my cards inspite of the things that don't quite appeal to you. I truly do appreciate it. I will do better in future!

Personally, I find those white signature boxes a bit poxy. The ESP signature Young Guns from a few years back looked s***e as they just had a blank white space for the signature. I see where you are coming from, just a little bit of difference between the image and signature. All food for thought for Old Naz :)

Who are you calling "old" biatch? I'm still young enough to kick yer a** . I'll have you know that whilst I can't run a block without running out of puff, I am still capable of pushing kiddies out of my way as I make a beeline for a player standing at the boundary - Staetdler and card at the ready :p

You do a great job mate so please accept any advise of mine as just that and absolutely not a criticism of your work. It’s great to see an avid collector and passionate fan of the game attempting something like this, as other companies could just be in it for the money. Love your work and know you can’t please everyone all the time.

You do a great job mate so please accept any advise of mine as just that and absolutely not a criticism of your work. It’s great to see an avid collector and passionate fan of the game attempting something like this, as other companies could just be in it for the money. Love your work and know you can’t please everyone all the time.

I didn’t take it in any other way than a mate being honest with me and it’s a good thing. The more I improve the product, the more it benefits me, so all good :)

As one of the first people to receive these cards in hand I highly recommend that any serious collector of cards should get their orders in as these cards won't last long and will be a sought after collectors item in the years to come.

Neither Dean Jones or Sir Ian Botham have ever had a Genuine Autograph Card produced and this will I am sure be the only time that they will.

Don't miss out on a truly great opportunity to purchase a once in a lifetime piece of cricket history.

Well done Naz. Keep up the great work. I can't wait for the next release.

Thanks for the kind words @Pokey

Sales have been going really well. Appreciate if the guys I am holding cards for could finalise soon so I can try and get them out to you before Christmas. Nice little present to have for the festive season :)

Back
Top Bottom