Couple of big Gay rainbows....

skip20

The (un)official PC Showdown Special Comments Guy
Real Name
Skip
No, this has nothing to do with pride or meteorological phenomenon....just an old fashioned rainbow which doesn't span 786 parallels for one of the most under-rated careers in my estimation.

08-09 Topps Treasury Base, Bronze, Silver and Gold Refractros (doesn;t inclide the minis, relics or rip cards- a guy has to know his limits)

Gay Treasury Rainbow.jpg

08-09 Upper Deck Starquest Rainbow - Common, Copper (uncommon), Cyan (rare), Blue (super rare), Gold (ultra rare) and Black (majestic).

Gay Starquest Rainbow.jpg

...and some Deron Williams for good measure!

Williams Starquest Rainbow.jpg

Thanks for stopping by and having a look and a read, nothing super high end but always good to take a trip down memory lane with some older sets.

Cheers
Skip

Ah the good ol days with achievable rainbows! Beauties there mate!

Spot on, was watching something recently abotu how impossible modern day rainsbows are to complete. Knew i had this one in the back pocket so time to share - loks easy but those Majestics aren't easy to come by!

Both cool sets

Cheers mate, the Topps Treasury refractors are really nice, pic doesn't do them justice and neither does my scanner! lol

Oh I love the star quest rainbows!!!
Was the first ever Dwight Rainbow that I put together so holds a special place in my heart.

Also after your very accurate critique of my previous mailday... I do have to point out that I feel the rainbows are missing the first edition starquest to make the super rainbow
1655681454917.png

OCD kicking in hard now.....like missing that final jigsaw piece! First edition greens coming in hot for the super rainbow!

Funny you should mention the Dwight rainbow, I enjoyed putting these together so have a couple more in the works.

Very nice pickups.

Just wish they were a bit more outgoing with the colour selections for Starquest, woudl have made a good thing even better...

was thinking the same thing about the colours...bit boring...but great to see some old school rainbows. are any of them numbered? are the first edition ones difficult to obtain? looking forward to seeing more.

was thinking the same thing about the colours...bit boring...but great to see some old school rainbows. are any of them numbered? are the first edition ones difficult to obtain? looking forward to seeing more.

None are numbered mate, but the majestics are the hardest to come by and there don't seem to be too many floating about these days. First edition are pretty easy to come by probably not worth much more than the base or lower end parts of the rainbow.

Topps treasury is such a solid and unique looking set. Also love to see the star quest rainbows.

Cool stuff as always skip!

Topps Treaury was an iconic set for its uniqeue product pitch, kind of surpised there hasn;t been a set since to mimic that same theme. Any rainbow is a good rainbow mate! Gay, D-Will or otherwise....

Back
Top Bottom