Coronavirus (COVID-19) info and stories

Well after my wife and kids testing positive on Monday, it was then my turn to be positive on Thursday.

I had some very mild symptoms on Wednesday (was like a frog in my throat) no fever and no other symptoms.

Thursday morning did a test and it was negative and nothing changed till about 3pm where I started getting a headache, a temp (got to 39 degrees) and felt really lethargic.

Did another test (only cause everyone else was already positive) and yep it was positive. Have to say it came on pretty quick.

Took Nurofen (lots of Vit D and Zinc which was recommended to me) and went to bed at about 4:30 in the afternoon...... got up later to have some dinner (couldn't taste much) and then back to bed till 8:30 the next morning.

By Friday night I felt back to about 80% and today feel about 95% haven't had any Nurofen don't have a temp and don't really have any coughs or sniffles etc.?

Still feel a little lethargic and have some very mild muscle soreness but overall hasn't been too bad. I think I have had worse hangovers to be honest.

My experience could be vastly different to other people and I'm sure I got the weaker version of it (than the 2020 OG version) but to me this was very similar to bad colds/virus I've had in the past.

Bring on Thursday so I can get out of isolation!!!

Cheers
Matt

I hope anyone else who is going through stuff feels ok to share too! It’s about everyone sharing info at this point there’s so much variation in this now the more info we have collectively the better we can deal with it. Symptoms, positives and negatives, masks, lockdowns and ever changing policies - crazy times

I hope anyone else who is going through stuff feels ok to share too! It’s about everyone sharing info at this point there’s so much variation in this now the more info we have collectively the better we can deal with it. Symptoms, positives and negatives, masks, lockdowns and ever changing policies - crazy times

100% agree........ thankfully my wife had similar symptoms to me and both my kids are all back at 100% and the kids especially only really had mild headaches for a day and that was it. I guess you always hear about the doom and gloom in the media and if someone had serious illness and underlying conditions that it may be worrisome......but it seems now that for a majority of people a couple of days rest and some painkillers will get you through it!

Cheers
Matt

My housemate and I had very different experiences.

They had a bit of a runny nose and cough and not much else. Spent the week off work in the garden and doing a lot of things around the house.

Me I was wiped out in bed for 3 days with a fever and no energy. Mentally I have been struggling this week to maintain concentration for long periods of time on work it really seemed to take it out of me. Definitely on the improve though.

Can finally get out of iso again on Monday after a week of iso as a close contact and then a week as a positive case.

Enjoying my first day of testing positive. See what the next few days bring.

Coughing up a bit of gunk and feeling a little tired atm but booze will offset the tired for now

B71DD938-B83F-4E04-8851-BFBAACF5DCBD.jpeg

0EFB7D16-8FB2-49C0-A4B6-6BECE9488974.jpeg

Day 3: first food in 36 hours, couldn’t taste a thing 😞

Almost passed out while cooking this morning. Made it to couch and slept for 3.5 hours.

Listening to my body and having a sober day today lol

Rum done, wild turkeys all done. Finishing the goon bag will be next on the hit list at some point

Well after my wife and kids testing positive on Monday, it was then my turn to be positive on Thursday.

I had some very mild symptoms on Wednesday (was like a frog in my throat) no fever and no other symptoms.

Thursday morning did a test and it was negative and nothing changed till about 3pm where I started getting a headache, a temp (got to 39 degrees) and felt really lethargic.

Did another test (only cause everyone else was already positive) and yep it was positive. Have to say it came on pretty quick.

Took Nurofen (lots of Vit D and Zinc which was recommended to me) and went to bed at about 4:30 in the afternoon...... got up later to have some dinner (couldn't taste much) and then back to bed till 8:30 the next morning.

By Friday night I felt back to about 80% and today feel about 95% haven't had any Nurofen don't have a temp and don't really have any coughs or sniffles etc.?

Still feel a little lethargic and have some very mild muscle soreness but overall hasn't been too bad. I think I have had worse hangovers to be honest.

My experience could be vastly different to other people and I'm sure I got the weaker version of it (than the 2020 OG version) but to me this was very similar to bad colds/virus I've had in the past.

Bring on Thursday so I can get out of isolation!!!

Cheers
Matt
I just got it on Monday 09/05/22. Felt like shit for 2 days days( in bed shivering with a fever). I'd say the worst of it was a medium level flu. Still feel it today but mostly lethargic and out of sorts. I still tested as being contagious with the RAT test as of today . I suspect the only people who won't get Covid are those who are either immune to it or those who do not venture outside much. It's rampant in WA right now. And the actual figures would 2x 3x the official figures.

P.S. There is nothing more debilitating than a wicked hangover, lol. I don't miss those days and genuinely feel for people who have to endure them. Alcohol is a nasty drug when consumed excessively. I'd rather have Covid.

Back
Top Bottom