Official TLA Traders Cricket 2020/21 Official Thread (updated 10/9)

Matt26

OZCT Supporter
Real Name
Matt
Hi everyone,

While there has been some rumours floating around we can now officially confirm that TLA will be producing Cricket Australia Trading Cards for the 2020 season. The details are as follows (subject to change):

- The release will be in store in early December at a RRP $4.99 Per Pack.

- 24 Packs Per Box with 10 Boxes Per Case.

More information will be announced regarding the release in October.

Below is a preview image from one of the early designs being worked on:

Annotation 2020-07-29 071605 copy.jpg

I did have a brief chat with TLA regarding the release and my understanding is that the release will feature components and elements of the corresponding NRL Traders Brand and also the Elite NRL Brand. To me it will likely be a hybrid product of the 2 releases.

It's great to see Cricket Trading Cards haven't been lost to the Australian market and we will have something to collect again this Summer!

Cheers
Matt

So a big player in the card industry and it's still not out until early December at the earliest, needs to be October

My understanding is that with the uncertainty about the upcoming season and the BBL rosters being finalised later this year due to Covid 19 (players not sure if they will be able to get out here) this is the primary reason why its likely to be later than normal.

It will be great to have some nice high end cricket cards to chase afters some seriously botch and subpar releases that made many sell up and leave cricket collecting as I did. Im really happy and pleased for the cricket community.
People that say the release is copy of NRL, well yes. But look at selects releases from 2006-2009 when they had soccer, cricket, nrl, afl.
Some designed across Soccer, Cricket, NRL. Same parallel insert ratios ect this was a carbon copy just with a different branding of sport.
I will be buying a few boxes when release that's for sure!!! Least TLA will release it just before or at the start of the cricket season.

It will be great to have some nice high end cricket cards to chase afters some seriously botch and subpar releases that made many sell up and leave cricket collecting as I did. Im really happy and pleased for the cricket community.
People that say the release is copy of NRL, well yes. But look at selects releases from 2006-2009 when they had soccer, cricket, nrl, afl.
Some designed across Soccer, Cricket, NRL. Same parallel insert ratios ect this was a carbon copy just with a different branding of sport.
I will be buying a few boxes when release that's for sure!!! Least TLA will release it just before or at the start of the cricket season.
From what's being said, the cards will be released two months into the cricket season - no where near the start of the season.

I saw a post from @Diggaz TC , maybe on the Cricket page on FB outlining that this first TLA Cricket will be a quite basic release to build a platform and gain some collector trust back. This is a good thing, after the TnP debacle.

My biggest concern with TLA taking over is that Cricket has become a niche market so the balance between volume, quality, price and quantity will need to be spot on. Trading cards are only a very small section of the TLA brand and I often think they couldn’t care less about the collector and ongoing value of cards.

Time will tell I guess because TLA can certainly produce some nice cards. Overall looking forward to some new cricket cards. I hope there is more CA content this time around, the BBL stuff is okay but TnP had far too much of it.

I saw a post from @Diggaz TC , maybe on the Cricket page on FB outlining that this first TLA Cricket will be a quite basic release to build a platform and gain some collector trust back. This is a good thing, after the TnP debacle.

My biggest concern with TLA taking over is that Cricket has become a niche market so the balance between volume, quality, price and quantity will need to be spot on. Trading cards are only a very small section of the TLA brand and I often think they couldn’t care less about the collector and ongoing value of cards.

Time will tell I guess because TLA can certainly produce some nice cards. Overall looking forward to some new cricket cards. I hope there is more CA content this time around, the BBL stuff is okay but TnP had far too much of it.

Concerning if it’s to be a basic release at $5 per pack.

As you say the cricket is a very niche market so the production runs need to be quite small to keep any value, when you look at TnP cards the short run stuff has held pretty good value (ultimate performers, gold jerseys, 2014 golds etc) but anything produced on a larger scale holds almost no value at all

There were concerns raised that some of the limited run of cards found in Elite would be in Cricket. The /5, /10, /20 etc. Just not expecting this to be the case unless it's something in a limited Priority version of the product.

Expect it will probably be closer to a Traders release than an Elite release but obviously at a fraction of the total print run.

Yeah, I'm not sure where the word basic came from...

The actual post was "I don't believe TLA are looking to freak everyone out with this next release. More like restore a bit of confidence in Cricket Cards for the Community after the last few years of turmoil."

And it was in reference to concerns people were making about Master Sets being unobtainable with very short printed cards.

Yeah, I'm not sure where the word basic came from...

The actual post was "I don't believe TLA are looking to freak everyone out with this next release. More like restore a bit of confidence in Cricket Cards for the Community after the last few years of turmoil."

And it was in reference to concerns people were making about Master Sets being unobtainable with very short printed cards.

That was my interpretation, apologies for confusion caused.

Back
Top Bottom