Computer Help Needed - Monitor troubles

Essellohbeebeewhy

OzCardTrader
Real Name
John
GF brought a samsung b2030 monitor today cos the other one was blurry, we installed the new one today, still blury, is my graphics cards stuffed? The computer is 5 years old so maybe the software isnt good enough to handle the new monitor? can anyone tell me what i should do?

Hmmmm...... don't spose you have another video card you could try it with do you? Are you running the latest drivers for your card? Sometimes it's even good to download the drivers for the monitor itself.

John,

If you can bypass the graphics card and connect the monitor directly to the motherboard then do so (alot of the old motherboards had monitor ports).
5 years old for a computer is downright ancient, problems you will have with buying a new graphics card for it will be slot compatibility.
All of the new ones are PCI - PCI 2x interface.
If you know your motherboard specs post them up here.

Mark

thanks mate where do i find the motherboard info? the monitor came with a DVI cord so im not sure if that could be my problem because there is no DVI slot on the back of my comp...not sure i really need that though, ive simply plugged the monitor in where the old one went and theres been no change, when i turn the comp on tho it comes up in the left of the monitor as saying analog...all the drivers seem up to date though, they all say 2010 and we installed the drivers that came with the monitor.

Download this program called cpuz:
CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting
When you open that up at the top you will see a tab "Mainboard", that will give you all the information you need.

---------- Post added 04-10-2010 at 04:32 PM ----------

Good chance it's your VGA cord, cheapest to check swap it out. Happened to me once everything was blurry.

Good call if there are any nicks or folds in the cord, that could certainly be the problem.

Back
Top Bottom