Christmas 2018 Mega Break !!

AusRam

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Trevor
Went a little crazy on the Christmas break this year, personally I blame all the sales leading up to Christmas ! ;) Really happy with how I did...
IMG_3602c (Large).jpg

On to the other guys - DC! 2 boxes of Supergirl, and while the lady herself didn't show up, the boxes were jampacked. Numbered rare wardrobe piece that goes for big money, bonus dual wardrobe and a bonus printing plate. So I'm not complaining. Mind you, I still haven't pulled anything from this release that is actually of Supergirl or her alter ego !

Xmas18i (Large).jpg

And as you probably know, I can't help but buy Arrow boxes at the price they are. And while it's getting harder for me to not get dupes in Arrow, I managed to pick up a couple of relics I needed. Also needed the S2 De Gouw auto.

Xmas1j (Large).jpg

S3 Auto's were dupes, but the S4 boxes delivered 2 Auto's I needed. plus one of the biggest hits in the set with the dual auto, and a nice printing plate as well!

Xmas1k (Large).jpg

The new Star Wars Galaxy - Not a fan of the animated stuff that much, so the auto's weren't too great. One of them is /5 though, but the only difference is the foil, which is pretty weak I reckon. There's actually a missing hit, a printing plate, but it got left behind at my folks, will have to pick it up next time I'm there.

Xmas1n (Large).jpg

2 Boxes of Masterwork. I really like these cards, but the boxes were pretty ordinary. Nice sketch by Mike James, Rey stamp is okay. Jimmy Vee is the new Kenny Baker and David Barclay was assistant puppeteer with Frank Oz on Yoda. I might give the Gall Trayvis animated auto a free pass to join the PC as that's Brent Spiner who played Data on Star Trek TNG.

Xmas18o (Large).jpg

Lastly, went 4 each of Archives and High Tek. I like the Archives concept, especially at the price they are now. Did well with these too.

John Morton ESB

Xmas18q.jpg

Jack Klaff - Rogue One Briefings card but scene is from ANH

Xmas18s.jpg

Happy to add this one - Ben Mendelsohn as Director Krennic.

Xmas18r.jpg

and lastly, a redemption for Riz Ahmed as Bodhi Rook from Rogue One.

Xmas18t.jpg

And lastly 4 High Teks. While not a Mega name (they still elude me) this was probably my favorite Star Wars hit of the break, a redemption for a Peter Mayhew /5 Red Orbit Auto!

So that was it for another year. My niece won the prize for the highest score in cards pulled (as in she pulled the most hits overall) and my nephew won best card for the Lilly auto. All good fun!

Xmas18ut (Large).jpg

What a fantastic day you must have had!! Seems you did better out of cheaper products. Some great sketches, and some really nice autos tucked amongst the rest.

That GoT sketch is fantastic, which series was it from? And the Mayhew!

What a fantastic day you must have had!! Seems you did better out of cheaper products. Some great sketches, and some really nice autos tucked amongst the rest.

That GoT sketch is fantastic, which series was it from? And the Mayhew!

Thanks mate, yeah it was a blast. I think the sketch was Season 4. I didn't even notice the tiny Daenerys until I scanned it!

Fantastic mega break there...I'm a massive fan of the archives also.

I'm still working through my Galaxy case

Hey Trevor,
Merry XMAS, nice mix of goodies
Nice GOT sketch - Gavin Hunt does some nice art work
Congrats on the Evangeline Lilly Auto, nice Arrow Dual Auto, cool Maz sketch & a bunch of assorted hits

Back
Top Bottom