Chasing the Goats

danielsmith_83

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Daniel Smith
eBay User
danie-165
Just wondering the level of league collectors amongst this group. Wats the greatest card u own. Also wats the greatest one your willing to part wit.. Mine is Andrew johns Captains Signature. Intrigued to hear ur responses. Merry Christmas lads and a happy trading 🤝
1640770682370.jpeg

That would be like picking a favourite child.............

Are you saying the Johns is your greatest card or one your willing to sell?

To me its not the monetary value that makes a card the "greatest". I've had big whale cards but apart from a quick rush they didn't really mean a lot to me. Beatson Centenary 2009 Lockyer Capt card they simply gave me the funds to chase something I wanted. It's more to do with sentimental value or the chase to get a particular card. As a kid it took me years to find a 1978 Paul Hayward card. I don't know why but they simply didn't exist in my area. So as a kid this was the greatest card.

1640988477360.png

Then after years away from collecting watching my sons face when he hit a 2008 Ben Hornby GEM makes this one of my greatest cards.

Hobornby.jpg

Recently I have had a few good people send me cards unexpectedly, a signed Lord Ted card, a James Graham 400 games card and to me they are the greatest cards.

But I would probably say having these immortal sign cards for me make them my greatest.

2008 TOC signed_iii.jpg

Cheers
Ross

Those IP Tram of the Century, amazing!!

I agree though Ross, it is not the monetary value, it is the story behind it. I have a Wighton Marvel jersey patch signature from the LE release a few years back, one of the /6. The lowest print run of any NRL signature (that I am aware of). Great card, was offered a small fortune for it not long ago but would never sell.

That being said, my 08 Centenary Immortal signatures have and will always be pride of place in my collection. If you are a lover of the game, these cards are peerless.

I am not an IP collector but when I get spare Billy Smith cards I send them to a bloke who gives them to Billy to sign for an extra quid. I managed to get a Glory Charter Class sent back, means so much to me.

I could go on but I will digress!!

My Beetson Centenary card is probably my highlight.

Heaps of Future Force / Young Guns from the Select 2000s are pretty good too - Slater, Smith, Benji etc.

My 2002 South Sydney case card is a fave - we were back in the NRL. I recently acquired a Burgess patch card, now trying to get a Sutton.

On a low level, my Simon Booth 1982 - my first footy card (I can still smell the gum), and IPS Darrell Trindall cards from the 90s are prized by me.

Back
Top Bottom