Charles Barkley, Reggie Miller, Iverson & More in 13-14 Flawless!

Last edited:
Barkley is such a huge IN. His will def start at $1k.

More like $300 initially and eventually down to $100 when the whole market gets flooded with his autos.
Look at Grant Hill. This guy was so exclusive prior to Panini and UD, and only signed a handful of Skybox products in the late 90's.
Panini and UD has really watered down the value and demand for his newer auto products. Numbered out of 5 and on card auto for Grant Hill go for
$100ish. His 97-98 Skybox Autographics used to fetch that amount and they were unnumbered, and they still fetch around $100 now.

If true I can't wait for a Sir Charles Auto. Will it be on card or Panini's world famous sticker auto?

More like $300 initially and eventually down to $100 when the whole market gets flooded with his autos.
Look at Grant Hill. This guy was so exclusive prior to Panini and UD, and only signed a handful of Skybox products in the late 90's.
Panini and UD has really watered down the value and demand for his newer auto products. Numbered out of 5 and on card auto for Grant Hill go for
$100ish. His 97-98 Skybox Autographics used to fetch that amount and they were unnumbered, and they still fetch around $100 now.

Sorry I just can't agree with this, even though you make a good point.

Barkley has so few Autos out there. No way he starts at $300 and goes to $100. I think he'll generally be above $500 and you'll see $1k sales.

Hill is different because he has signed for quite a few years now, he has A LOT of autos and with all the different teams he finished up with.

I doubt they'll do the same with Barkley.

Bloody get Latrell Sprewell haha he will prob choke panini in the interview and state to feed his kids!
Haha but seriously I'd love one of his with a nice patch omg

Even Glenn Big Dog Robinson, Joe Smith

Last edited:
Yeah, I imagine Barkleys will stay above $300, and if they do patch autos.. omfg.. making bank on that.

I just hope they don't do another truckload of the oldies.. with all due respect to them, Fat Lever and co. are just not people I want to pull in a $2k product thanks Panini.

I would be surprised if a Barkley would go for under 1k. He hasnt signed stuff in over 10 years! And Barkley will probably be the main chase hit with a below average draft class this year.
The high rollers will be all over this and probably create a bidding frenzy.

There are lots of examples of players who were rare signers in the 90's who have signed more in recent years and their auto can be gotten at cheap prices. Iverson used to be a rare signer and you were paying about $200 for an unnumbered auto card in the late 90's. Then Topps got him to sign on with them and release dozens of sets with his auto and now you can get a Topps auto for $50. Grant Hill unnumbered autos go for $30 now. Barkley at the moment goes for $500 unnumbered for his Fleer Ink auto. Sure, initially, we'll see some abberations in sales but give it time and when the market reaches normal conditions, I think it'll be around $300 mark. Michael Jordan? You could never get an auto below $1500 back in the day. Penny Hardaway? $250 at least, now $60. Anyway, it's just a speculative figure on my behalf. I've just seen many trends like this where the value gets diluted as the over supply of auto in too many products occurs.

Last edited:
There are lots of examples of players who were rare signers in the 90's who have signed more in recent years and their auto can be gotten at cheap prices. Iverson used to be a rare signer and you were paying about $200 for an unnumbered auto card in the late 90's. Then Topps got him to sign on with them and release dozens of sets with his auto and now you can get a Topps auto for $50. Grant Hill unnumbered autos go for $30 now. Barkley at the moment goes for $500 unnumbered for his Fleer Ink auto. Sure, initially, we'll see some abberations in sales but give it time and when the market reaches normal conditions, I think it'll be around $300 mark. Michael Jordan? You could never get an auto below $1500 back in the day. Penny Hardaway? $250 at least, now $60. Anyway, it's just a speculative figure on my behalf. I've just seen many trends like this where the value gets diluted as the over supply of auto in too many products occurs.

Most of the Autos you're talking about are in a $100 box and unnumbered.

Whole other ball game when it comes to Flawless at $2k per box.

You said Barkley would start at $300 and settle at $100, I think that is way off.

Of course if you get 1000's of Autos out there the prices will come down.

Most of AI's Autos are nothing special, but you try grab an Autographics century Marks of his.

Barkley is going to be chased very hard by many collectors.

Will they come down eventually? Of course they will. But they will be strong for a while.

Most of the Autos you're talking about are in a $100 box and unnumbered.

Whole other ball game when it comes to Flawless at $2k per box.

You said Barkley would start at $300 and settle at $100, I think that is way off.

Of course if you get 1000's of Autos out there the prices will come down.

Most of AI's Autos are nothing special, but you try grab an Autographics century Marks of his.

Barkley is going to be chased very hard by many collectors.

Will they come down eventually? Of course they will. But they will be strong for a while.

It all depends on the amount they release. Of Barkley's autos are part of only of a couple of subsets, both of which are limited to 25 or less, then I can see them ending up in people's pc's and not droping at all. It all comes down to the amount released and how many sets following flawless he is featured in.

I might be the only one - while I don't hope Charles Barkley (hard-signed) certified autograph cards flooding the market, I actually hope that there will be more in the future, so that I, as a collector, can obtain one at an affordable price, similar to John Stockton certified autograph cards since 2003-04 NBA season.

I might be the only one - while I don't hope Charles Barkley (hard-signed) certified autograph cards flooding the market, I actually hope that there will be more in the future, so that I, as a collector, can obtain one at an affordable price, similar to John Stockton certified autograph cards since 2003-04 NBA season.

I really want a Shaq Auto but I see his Flawless stuff pretty pricey, but if he signs again it should come down.

Hope Barkley signs for a couple of years.

At the end of the day, more quality Autos are a good thing, because the true collectors can pick them up and the investors lose out.

I just really hope Anthony Davis is also a signer.

I really want a Shaq Auto but I see his Flawless stuff pretty pricey, but if he signs again it should come down.

Hope Barkley signs for a couple of years.

At the end of the day, more quality Autos are a good thing, because the true collectors can pick them up and the investors lose out.

I just really hope Anthony Davis is also a signer.

There are also Collector-Investors out there! Those who love what they buy, but know they are going to lose interest at some point and hope that what they like will appreciate in the future, or at least have some value.

Ersk

Back
Top Bottom