Changes to all NBA jerseys moving forward

loafic

Walt Frazier Collector
Real Name
Branko
eBay User
loafic
Thoughts guys? I like the concept, just not the execution of the idea... dont like the nba logo above the names, i prefer it on the front

http://www.si.com/nba/2014/07/16/nba-jerseys-gold-collar-patch-adidas

I reckon they have moved the nba logo to the back above the players names in readiness for the following season when sponsors will be allowed onto nba jerseys (which i dont like either)

what no way i think if sponsors go onto there tops it will look tacky......

what no way i think if sponsors go onto there tops it will look tacky......

yep... its coming. adam silver has been pushing this for a while even before he became commissioner... not sure how they're gonna look. hopefully they do it in a classy understated manner rather than large over the top advertising

No sponsors on the jersey is the only pure thing about American Pro Sports.

There is also some debate as to whether OKC will be sporting gold to reflect the championship the Sonics won. Makes sense that they will - I expect fellow Sonics fans to go nuts about it though.

i kinda like the idea (sponsorhip logos aside), but at the same time its just asking for controversy. too many teams move and go under. giving a patch to a city thats never won a trophy is gonna cause a stir...

Last edited:
Yes, fk clay bennet, OKC have never won a Championship regardless of owning the rights to the Sonics.

AND corporate sponsorship on jerseys is just friggin lame. We get exposed to their advertising shlock during every time-out when we watch the bloody sport, now they have to feature on a players jersey too?

As the late, great Bill Hicks said; 'If you're in marketing or advertising.. go kill yourself'

I like the idea of celebrating championship winners but what I would do is allow the team who wins the championship from the previous year to wear a gold logoman on their jersey for the year .I think that would be a nice touch.

OK... matt you need to write to the NBA and give them your idea! #greatidea

OK... matt you need to write to the NBA and give them your idea! #greatidea

MLB baseball do it with the World Series Champions Patch on their arms.

Here is another idea

Gold NBA logo for a championship, Silver for conference champions (Gold replaces it if you win the title)

You all better learn to like it because sponsors on the tops will be happening for the simple reason that it will bring in a houndred million to each club minimum, even more for the big market teams, no owner is going to turn down that type of money

I personally don't like the weird little gold tag. I like the idea, but not the execution.

The logoman placement doesn't bother mean in the slightest. Screen printed onces would suck tho for cards.

I haven't purchased a jersey in at least the last 2 seasons, but IMO if they start putting sponsors on them, I would not buy one. I used to be a big union/league fan but never purchased jerseys cause I hated the 'ford' or 'toyo tyres' logo's and crap that was screen printed all over them. Plus the one jersey I did have (that I was gifted) the screen printed logo started to fade after a few washes.

Back
Top Bottom