Celebrating #9000 posts - WIN FREE SP authentic packs for goodfeel stories from OCT -

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favourite story would have to be and I will call it thus, the wandering Wilkins Exquisite.
Now I can't remember who sent it to me, might have been Verse maybe Minh and what I did to deserve this honour I can't remember either.
I was blown away by the act of kindness, a card of this stature given away as an act of kindness (not an uncommon act here might I add).
Now damn my rusty memory but I was in a position to then pass this awesome piece of cardboard off to someone else for free (do pardon my rusty old memory).
This is the story that shows what this forum is, a community of great guys gladly giving to further the hobby.

Last edited:
I have to agree Terry this site is the best on the internet hands down. May be times I disagree with things, but in the end I can agree its for the best. Great site, great people. I have so many stories to tell. From my beginnings, being introduce to the site from an ebay transaction with Woobiezarz and just being wowed at everything, going silly on 04/05 finest cards. Obtaining my first Garnett auto from here.... acts of kindness from people, like Nenjabin who out of nowhere offerred to loan me enough to make a purchase on ebay of an expensive card, $200 KG Exquisite dual numbers which I kept for the longest time before moving it on. Paid nenjabin back of course no hassles there. Aussielakers insane genorosity... um... riveting conversations.... I think though the real highlight was 2012 - 2013 sometime when I was really depressed, my mental health was kicking my butt and several guys here starting having a conversation with me, which I believe started with a question about leaving the hobby and ended with things like conversation on melissa etheridge and tv and boredom and group hugs and these people really picked me up and helped me get moving again and brought so much joy back into my life. Those are the things to be most grateful and thankful for from my time here.

The fact I spend nearly every day talking to Aussielaker... I made one of my better friends through this site. Think says it all really.

Congrats Terry on coming as far as you have :D You have shown us all how to turn a dream into a reality and its something that should be appreciated by all.

Congrats on the milestone Terry and also on the ballsy move to open a brick and mortar shop! Well done mate and all the success to you.

I can't remember how I actually found this site! It was around the time I opened a box of Topps Treasury and pulled a Derrick Rose/Magic Johnson red dual auto/5 and was looking for a value/place to sell I believe. At the time I was recently injured at work and needed something to occupy my time and I was hooked straight away, making a couple of hundred deals during my first year here! That occupied my time! :lol: I remember way over-valuing that Rose card at the time too but lessons were learned and in his peak it would have been a very sort after card for sure!!

Not to get too far off track but one of the members who helped me out heaps in my first days here was Steve, goodoldbball, always worked me a good deal, added some Garnett freebies or some TMacs for my brother, and the packaging of the cards, man, superb lol, such a shame what happened, I miss his love for the PMG's and essay like messages/conversations lol.

Anyway, as much as I loved buying and selling stuff I have always enjoyed paying it forward whenever I could and have always liked giving away base sets for free to people who appreciate that kind of thing. I always like seeing posts in the member thank you thread and giveaways and comp threads, it's definitely lead by example with the culture here, so many people willing to create a great atmosphere, I think some people don't realise how good it is here.

Congrats Terry. I've made many great deals on here as well.
A story that comes to mind, and I can't find the thread, was @ooneil raising the issue of questionable 'adverts' on the ozcards homepage. The advert in question, was of 'very mature' women looking for love. Poor Owen was then advised by admin that the adverts are 'tailored', to what that particular computer user has been searching for on google previously :lol::lol::lol:.

**This story might not be 100% accurate, but it went something like that

Congrats Terry. I've made many great deals on here as well.
A story that comes to mind, and I can't find the thread, was @ooneil raising the issue of questionable 'adverts' on the ozcards homepage. The advert in question, was of 'very mature' women looking for love. Poor Owen was then advised by admin that the adverts are 'tailored', to what that particular computer user has been searching for on google previously :lol::lol::lol:.

**This story might not be 100% accurate, but it went something like that

Come on I was taking the piss!:lol:

It was very funny though. She was about 150 years old and had a disturbing resemblance to @Matt26

Come on I was taking the piss!:lol:

It was very funny though. She was about 150 years old and had a disturbing resemblance to @Matt26

Now now Owen, you are just salty that your NRL team got beaten by the Panthers....

Let's just say we can see why the ads have been tailored to you based on your browsing history...

Your last few websites visited:

Www.newcastleknights.com.au
Www.beyondblue.com.au
Www.grabagranny.com
Www.goatsincompromisingpositions.com
Www.cheapmedicinesonline.org

You need some help from Dr Phil!

I have to agree Terry this site is the best on the internet hands down. May be times I disagree with things, but in the end I can agree its for the best. Great site, great people. I have so many stories to tell. From my beginnings, being introduce to the site from an ebay transaction with Woobiezarz and just being wowed at everything, going silly on 04/05 finest cards. Obtaining my first Garnett auto from here.... acts of kindness from people, like Nenjabin who out of nowhere offerred to loan me enough to make a purchase on ebay of an expensive card, $200 KG Exquisite dual numbers which I kept for the longest time before moving it on. Paid nenjabin back of course no hassles there. Aussielakers insane genorosity... um... riveting conversations.... I think though the real highlight was 2012 - 2013 sometime when I was really depressed, my mental health was kicking my butt and several guys here starting having a conversation with me, which I believe started with a question about leaving the hobby and ended with things like conversation on melissa etheridge and tv and boredom and group hugs and these people really picked me up and helped me get moving again and brought so much joy back into my life. Those are the things to be most grateful and thankful for from my time here.

The fact I spend nearly every day talking to Aussielaker... I made one of my better friends through this site. Think says it all really.

Congrats Terry on coming as far as you have :D You have shown us all how to turn a dream into a reality and its something that should be appreciated by all.
then there's that Fleer57 guy who whipped up a sweet signature for ya... ;)

Congrats on the Milestone, tezza. My experience with OzCardTrader.... massive boosts to my pc's. Especially when i had guy help me last year to get my Garnett collection past the magical 1k! Also, Garnettfan4life helping me get some Garnett's (at a big discount) that i thought would have been impossible.

Congrats Terry and thanks for the comp mate, very generous of you!

I guess 1 of the memories that sticks out for me was when I decided to collect Todd Lichti cards (all 24 of them haha).

I was having trouble with some of the Panini stickers and Upper Deck European cards and someone very kindly and anonymously sent me a 92-93 Upper Deck European card and someone else sent me a few random base cards and some Panini stickers. Without these few cheap but hard to get cards, I wouldnt have been able to finish off all 24 of Lichti's cards and I really appreciated the kindness of fellow collectors here.

Some guy also once bought a Jordan block mounted poster and a Playstation 1 off me but I can't remember who it was haha ;) :thumbsup:

After collecting AFL cards for 3 years back in 1993-1996, the price just got too expensive for me as a kid to continue so i had to give it up. Then one day in 2008 stumbling upon this site and finding out how big card collecting had become, re-energised my passion to start collecting AFL cards again. Not to mention to discover there was more cards to collect then the first series. Havent looked back since 2009 so thank you Ozcards and all the awesome members to go with it.

I've got a few memories thnks to this place.

Found out about the card stall at the waneroo markets. I forget his name (sorry, mate!) but h was a cool guy. Called me stretch, then when he found out I love Freo, started calling me Sandilands. He did me a favour with some trades and is just a cool guy.

Met another guy there who gave me 2 free GU booklets with Bogut when I said I was a fan. He's actually a member here.

Got into contact with a non-sports collector who wanted to do a trade, turns out she lived 5 mins down the road (I like things ASAP, thanks to ADD, U C?). She even gave me a few common set for variuos tv shows. Awesome lady.

Gotta say, the most memorable time was when I had a deal set-up with you (I'll un-pucker in a minute).
My 05-06 UD MJ parallel #23/23.
We had set-up a trade for when I was in the city (bro was getting diagnosd with ADD, figures), I had given you the address of the Dr's office I was at and I sat outside, anxiously sweating my nips off for a taste of sweet, sweet pack busting.
Turns out there was 2 streets with the exact same name, and they were on different sides of the city.

Guess which one you were on?

You drove around for an hour or so (appreciated it), then had to leave to look after your kid/s.

Anyways, I ended up with the box of cards and you go some tasty 23/23 cardboard.

Waiting those extra few days for that box to be delivered was killer. I had to take some speed just to calm myself down.

I've got a few memories thnks to this place.

Found out about the card stall at the waneroo markets. I forget his name (sorry, mate!) but h was a cool guy. Called me stretch, then when he found out I love Freo, started calling me Sandilands. He did me a favour with some trades and is just a cool guy.

Met another guy there who gave me 2 free GU booklets with Bogut when I said I was a fan. He's actually a member here.

Got into contact with a non-sports collector who wanted to do a trade, turns out she lived 5 mins down the road (I like things ASAP, thanks to ADD, U C?). She even gave me a few common set for variuos tv shows. Awesome lady.

Gotta say, the most memorable time was when I had a deal set-up with you (I'll un-pucker in a minute).
My 05-06 UD MJ parallel #23/23.
We had set-up a trade for when I was in the city (bro was getting diagnosd with ADD, figures), I had given you the address of the Dr's office I was at and I sat outside, anxiously sweating my nips off for a taste of sweet, sweet pack busting.
Turns out there was 2 streets with the exact same name, and they were on different sides of the city.

Guess which one you were on?

You drove around for an hour or so (appreciated it), then had to leave to look after your kid/s.

Anyways, I ended up with the box of cards and you go some tasty 23/23 cardboard.

Waiting those extra few days for that box to be delivered was killer. I had to take some speed just to calm myself down.
:lol: I am literally sitting here in hysterics.... laughing so hard that I have tears and my daughter is giving me that "are you crazy" look.
I still have the MJ 23/23 ..... absolutely love it. Meeting you, picking up the MJ and delivering some MOJO made the craziness of being lost well worth it :thumbsup:

You are definitely on the list of winners with this post

My best memory is simple it was my first deal on here. Not the best deal, by far not the biggest deal but it's why I really got back into collecting.
Had knee op, depressed and with leg up partner brought me 3 boxes of 1992-93 Upperdeck because they were the first cards I ever brought as a kid then found someone on here that wanted a heap of doubles for $60 which I used to complete the base set which turned into every insert, which then turned into about 40 complete sets and about 1150 Michael Jordans and now a nice Bill Russell and Zo pc all in 20 months.
So thanks to the many people that have helped me complete sets, helped build my pc's, posted up competitions, to everyone thats posted pics of there own pc's, to the funny as threads (this one has plenty of laughs) and to people that share their boxs breaks.
Congrats on hitting the 9000 mark if I ever get over to WA will make sure to drop in and check out your store.

I'm a US collector, but it never seizes to amaze me how I can post a mail day thread on here and get more replies in a hour than I do on all my other card forums total. You guys (mates) are the best. I absolutely love the consistent activity of all the members here and I'm happy I am able to contribute. Most of all, I'm most blessed to have found such a resourceful forum. :)

Congrats on 9000 posts!

-Brandon

fellow Ozcardtradians,

I don't notice this sort of thing often but it appears that I am about to hit a pretty decent milestone !

My history on Ozcardtrader goes a bit like this

Joined - 8th of September 2008 (almost 6 years ago)
Posts - 9000 so far #19 on the OCT all-time list
Likes - 1397 #14 on the OCT all-time list
Feedback - 342 with 100% positive

I really wanted to thank the Admin for making Ozcardtrader, the best site worldwide imo

The Highlights
- Won bust of the month competition with my Kobe sweet shot auto 24/24
- Met some fantastic people and experienced a bit of everything in my time here.
- Added some amazing cards to my PC that I still cherish today
- Loads of laughs with guys like Slobby (love his video maildays) Drob50, Arthy and many other trollers who frequent the forum with their sense of humour :)
- So many incredible maildays to enjoy over the years
- The joy of seeing Some of the insane MOJO busted from boxes over the years

There is so many great memories that I could share but at the end of the day I would like to thank everyone who has made my time here so far and awesome experience.

FREE PACKS - 24 packs of 2012/13 SP authentic being shared. from a sealed hobby box of course

How to win

Just post a reply here with at least one experience from Ozcardtrader that you will never forget

I will chose the best replies and
bust a box live with 24 people in the running to score some MOJO - hopefully something awesome :thumbsup:

Forgot to say a big congrats mate.
Has been great to see you go from a collector to successful shop owner.
Thanks for running this competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom