Case of Star Wars Journey to the Force Awakens

AusRam

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Trevor
Got really caught up in the whole nostalgia thing when the trailer and sneak peeks came out and committed to a pre-order case of this. Was having second thoughts lately, but went ahead with it anyway. Fun break, lots of different colors and versions keep it interesting, but a a pain to sort ! Didn't hit it out of the park, but all in all I think my case was pretty good, or at least a bit better than some I've read about. Some odd things with this set - I think it's just ridiculous that Topps didn't mark the buybacks somehow. Surely they could have stamped a foil Topps logo on it or something. I read their facebook post about it but think they just dropped the ball on this. Basically it's a worthless card now, not even worth their trouble of obtaining and inserting them where they could have been something people would try and collect. And why no numbering on the purples ? At only 2 per box, they must be pretty scarce ? Anyway enough grumbling, on with the show -

Lower numbered inserts (there were also 13 Hoth Foil /150's) -

9 Patch cards. I'm really not a fan of these manufactured things. They're not bad to look at I suppose, but the whole idea just doesn't appeal to me much.

Sketches, well these went from pretty good to pretty terrible. The Greedo is pretty nice, I'm not sure if I'm missing half of the next one, the second last one looks unfinished and the last one is just plain terrible...

Auto's - nothing great about most of them, I had to look a few up as I had no clue who they were to be honest !

Happy to get this one though, even though I pulled his auto from Masterworks as well. At least he's an original trilogy "name".

Other interesting stuff -

My buyback card -

And always good to pull a printing plate -

And while I didn't get very many holofoils, this one probably made up for it. Nice stirring scene from the movie too...

So all in all a fun way to kill a couple of hours opening cards...

Some good hits there. I quite like this set as its gone back to the old style Also agree with you on the sketch cards. I would like to see less sketch cards but ones with better quality. Hopefully my 2 boxes arrive this week. If your looking at moving on any of the cards please let me know .

Thanks for posting, I resisted and only picked up 4 boxes :). Hoping to get them today or tomorrow.

Pardon my ignorance how does the buyback card work / what's its significance?

I will post results when I do bust.

Pardon my ignorance how does the buyback card work / what's its significance?

A buyback card is one that's inserted in a current set that's from an older set. In this case mine was from a 1977 Star Wars set. Usually they're stamped or something, but not this time. Good Luck with your boxes !

A buyback card is one that's inserted in a current set that's from an older set. In this case mine was from a 1977 Star Wars set. Usually they're stamped or something, but not this time. Good Luck with your boxes !

Thanks for that...and hoping I get mine today

swfa1.JPG
swfa2.JPG
Fun bust of 4 boxes...but just ok results

Looks good. Think I am going to have to pull the trigger on a journey to the force awakens box. And maybe another one of the just force awakens boxes in december.

Hey Trev,
I had fun busting a box. Now I am deciding whether to buy more or start the search for cards I need. Are you selling any?

Back
Top Bottom