Cards 101: REAL & FAKE FLEER E-XL LOGOMEN

warrick131

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Andrew
These cards have been faked for years, the 04-05 Fleer E-XL Logoman set. Since Fleer went bankrupt they auctioned off all of their blanks- cards without patches, autos, or serial numbers. They were designed to have all of those but Fleer couldn't produce them after they went bankrupt, so many of them got into the hands of patch fakers. Hopefully after reading this threads everyone will understand the difference so nobody ends up buying these fakes.

There are 2 different commonly faked Logoman cards, one is the 04/05 Fleer E-XL Auto Logoman and the other is the 04/05 Fleer E-XL Dual Logoman.

First up-- 04/05 Fleer E-XL Auto Logoman

Here is an example of a real card:

FRONT (REAL)
SREALFRONT.jpg

BACK (REAL)
SREALBACK.jpg

Here is an example of a fake card:

FRONT (FAKE)
SFAKEFRONT.jpg

BACK (FAKE)
SFAKEBACK.jpg

Here are some ways to tell the difference:
1. Serial Numbering: Real ones will always have the '1/1' stamp on the back of the card
2. Logoman Patch: Fake ones will usually have a generic-looking Logoman patch found here: Patch Collection :: NBA ::...
3. Autograph: Real ones will have a sticker autograph. You can see in the Chris Bosh the sticker outline right below the top autograph border
4. Autograph: The fake autograph will usually look different from other autographs of that player unless the faker is very good at forging autographs.

Next up is the 04/05 Fleer E-XL Dual Logoman 1/1

Here is an example of a real card:

FRONT (REAL)
DREALFRONT.jpg

BACK (REAL)
DREALBACK.jpg

Here is an example of a fake:

FRONT (FAKE)
DFAKEFRONT.jpg

BACK (FAKE)
DFAKEBACK.jpg

Here are some ways to tell the difference:
1. Serial Numbering: Real ones will always have the '1/1' stamp on the back of the card
2. Logoman Patch: Fake ones will usually have generic-looking Logoman patches found here: Patch Collection :: NBA ::... and both Logoman patches will look like the one linked.

IF YOU ARE BIDDING ON ONE OF THE ABOVE CARDS FROM EITHER cash-money-cards (on ebay) or cards-4-college/kardsharkz (on ebay) IT IS FAKE

Some examples of live auctions:

REAL: Chris Bosh E-XL Court Authentics Logoman Patch Auto 1/1 - eBay (item 120596964613 end time Aug-15-10 21:17:54 PDT)

FAKE: 2004-05 Skybox EX-L Dwayne Wade Logoman Auto 1 of 1 - eBay (item 280542033374 end time Jul-31-10 11:32:05 PDT)

Thanks,
Andrew

Yeah I always look out for those ones and generally contact the seller and report the fake ones... like I did with the Wade. Polite about it of course, but if it's not serial numbered you know it's not real... Damn Fleer Bankruptcy auction allowing so many people to be conned...

What about the ones serialed numbered 01/01? I know of some that do exist and were pulled by the seller.

man ive seen a few of these now. i think the ones that are PHYSICALLY SERIAL NUMBERED 1/1 are legit. whereas the ones with NO numbering are FAKES!!!!

Great write up mate, knew nothing about that before reading this :) (Not that I have ever looked into these cards personally)

hey guys thought id bring this Q up & hope to get some help on it. there are soem shaquille o'neal 1/1 logoman patch cards on ebay rite now. they are from the same seller. some of them have 1/1 physically stamped on them. But then theres another Fleer Patchwork LOGOMAN (i think the brand was) of SHAQ he has and it has NO numbering on it. so i msged the bloke and he replies and says to me that there IS a space on the card where the 1/1 usually is stamped, however this card does not have the numbering. however he =then says immeditatly after that he guarantees the card is 100% a 1/1 Shaq logoman. is this correct, or am i tripping, or is he straight up spinning BS and doesnt care if he scams any1 of a non-1/1 Shaq LogoMan?? hers the link to the acution i speak of:

SHAQ SHAQUILLE O'NEAL TRUE 1/1 LOGOMAN GAME WORN 03/04 - eBay (item 280544021887 end time Aug-08-10 17:46:43 PDT)

also, im pretty sure the bloke HAD a picture of the card back up. but now looking again at his liting, i see there is only the card front and the Logoman patch pic. what do u guys reckon???

hey guys thought id bring this Q up & hope to get some help on it. there are soem shaquille o'neal 1/1 logoman patch cards on ebay rite now. they are from the same seller. some of them have 1/1 physically stamped on them. But then theres another Fleer Patchwork LOGOMAN (i think the brand was) of SHAQ he has and it has NO numbering on it. so i msged the bloke and he replies and says to me that there IS a space on the card where the 1/1 usually is stamped, however this card does not have the numbering. however he =then says immeditatly after that he guarantees the card is 100% a 1/1 Shaq logoman. is this correct, or am i tripping, or is he straight up spinning BS and doesnt care if he scams any1 of a non-1/1 Shaq LogoMan?? hers the link to the acution i speak of:

SHAQ SHAQUILLE O'NEAL TRUE 1/1 LOGOMAN GAME WORN 03/04 - eBay (item 280544021887 end time Aug-08-10 17:46:43 PDT)

also, im pretty sure the bloke HAD a picture of the card back up. but now looking again at his liting, i see there is only the card front and the Logoman patch pic. what do u guys reckon???

Yeah I've seen his ones, I personally would NEVER buy one that wasn't serial numbered, no matter what the seller says. Go for the other one of his ;)

That's a fake! Me and my buddies bust a lot of fleer patchwork in 04 at $125 a box, and i've seen two logos pulled out of it at least, and all had 1/1 stamped in that little box on the back. I think Fleer kept dups without jersey of everything because we sent them a damage card back once that was serially numbered and the sent a new one with that same serial number on it.

thnx for all the help guys, my minds made up on this one. still not sure wether the seller delibertly gave me false info so i didnt worry too much bout the numbering.

That's certified as a "Trading Card" which I'm guessing is a custom card?

Either way, doesn't look right and the auto seems off :red:

The auto is certified authentic.

So not the patch or that it comes form that set.

Back
Top Bottom