Cardboard or not

Kippy15

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Irene
eBay User
Rosscreekss
Just getting everyone's thoughts on using cardboard to post

I have always posted my cards in penny sleeves and top loaders and never had a issue with cards getting damaged that way

But in the last week a Facebook page has demanded everyone posts cards in cardboard and also got abused by a buyer on another forum even though their cards arrived in mint condition

I personally don't like using cardboard as it can increase postage costs with multiple cards and one slip of the scissors when trying to remove the cardboard can spell disaster

What are other people's thoughts on this subject

It's touch and go. Padded envelopes are good protection especially with top loaders and penny slips but cardboard just gives the extra guaranteed protection. Only problem is the thickness of the envelope. Means u have to have thin cardboard on hand. And I'm sure nobody buys cardboard for this reason. So it's a tough one

It seems to be a growing trend
I kinda figure the card printers eg Select and the card shops don't use cardboard and if it was really necessary to have cardboard ultr pro would have a product like cardboard slips

I can understand Mum and dad collectors who don't have top loaders using cardboard

Just keep in mind they just get thrown on planes and aren't handled with care. Cardboard definitely Williamtown going to make things worse. Most people just can't be stuffed

Back
Top Bottom