Cardboard Collecting on OCT .... Amazing Experience

nazimcricket

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Nazim
Over the last 12 months my interest in "specifically" collecting cards has grown at a very rapid pace. I just want to acknowledge all the OCT members who have helped drive that enthusiasm to heights I wouldn't have dreamt of.

I was hesitant to try and go after my first high-end purchase, that of the Heritage collection, but the seller on OCT made that experience quite a pleasant one in the manner of dealing and the price.

I always loved the Weetbix 2002 set but never imagined I'd have a set signed by all living players, including Keith Miller. The seller of that set made that possible, but did a lot more in the tons of freebies that came my way with every deal I made and I'm not talking about a handful of meaningless base cards. They have all been high quality items.

Another member has helped me obtain autographs from a cricketer.

One of the junior members has shown generosity not normally associated with guys his age ... unbelievable stuff contributed to my collection.

Today, out of the blue, some more high-quality freebies showed up from yet another OCT'er.

In addition to this, several members of this forum have been extremely generous with advice and sharing of knowledge and resources, which has made the task of collecting cardboard an absolute treat!

I also need to acknowlege the blokes who have been really good with the few deals I've had in the basketball forum. I lived in Houston for a few years and it's been wonderful to get hold of some auto cards from players I followed closely in "Clutch City".

You guys all know who you are and I thank you all equally for your generosity and mateship!! I used to think that the old-school type collectors are few and far between, with most of the hobby now focused on the monetary side of things. OCT has convinced me that is not the case.

A bit corny, but I had to let you guys know how much I appreciate all the friendly interaction over the year or so I've been trading/buying on OCT.

I should also extend an apology to any members I may have offended in my dealings. I am unfortunately not half as generous in my buying habits as I ought to be. I'm predisposed to always seek out a bargain and this habit of being a natural born cheapskate probably annoys a few people I deal with and for that I can only apologise and say "I hope there are no hard feelings"!

You guys ROCK!!!

Well said Nazim. If you told me 6 months ago i would be collecting Cricket cards again after selling of my (small) collection a few years ago i would have laughed pretty hard at you.

After initially saying i was only going to collect Scanlens cards you guys have now inspired me to move onto Futera cards.

Thanks to everyone that has helped me out start my Cricket collection again.

Being a AFL, NBA and Cricket Card collector I can say IMO - I think the "Cricket Community" here is definitely the best to deal with :) That's not to say I don't think the other sport card collectors (here) are great as well.......just that I think the Cricket Card Collectors in particular, are exceptional!

When I joined OCT the cricket forum didn't exist. Nor did I know the difference between a base card and an insert.With a little bit of prodding Graham created the forum and I don't think he would regret it. My interest in collecting took off with lots of help from forum members, some now lost and some who are in the background. One thing for sure is that help on any facet of collecting is only a post away. Thanks guys.

yes its definitely a gentlemans game here on oct, some very generous people and all round, some really great guys who are definitley passionate about their collecting and this great game. thanks to those who have helped with my small collection, especially to compo for my signed bradman cards:worthy::worthy::worthy:

Back
Top Bottom