Card stores in Sydney (Chatswood and Cremorne) mid 90s

Sol

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Al
Hey hey everyone. I’ve been racking my brains for a while for the name of a few card stores that operated in Chatswood,NSW and Cremorne,NSW in the mid 1990s. The ones in Chatswood, One was right up top of Victoria Mall near those giant steps to Chatswood Train station and the other was right at the back of the small Victoria Plaza Shopping Centre (on Victoria Ave near Chatswood Chase, it also had the great “Game Map” where you could go and sit on their carpeted floor and play NBA Jam on Super Nintendo for $1 for 30mins)
The one on Neutral Bay was situated along Military Road. Kinda inconspicuous from memory. I think an American guy ran the store?
Any info, memories etc etc would be cool, as I spent many hours walking or getting a bus to get a pack of upper deck or a Jamal Mashburn rookie card or some shit like that. Cheers

Good guess but nah, Phantom was on Anderson Street, Chatswood.
I can,t remember those 2 shops.I visited most shops in the 90,s unfortunately.But great memories taking my son around and letting him waste,i mean spend my money.I have said it many times on ozcard,but the best card shop by far was the one in Blacktown.😉

I can,t remember those 2 shops.I visited most shops in the 90,s unfortunately.But great memories taking my son around and letting him waste,i mean spend my money.I have said it many times on ozcard,but the best card shop by far was the one in Blacktown.😉

I think I know why!! :goat:

There were some great shops around Sydney...... worked at the one at Blacktown for a few years....... Card Shaq, High Court Cards and Granny Mays in Penrith. Swapmeet, Granny Mays at Blacktown.

Parramatta had Collectors Edge (Edge8088 on Ebay), Al's and another near the station.

The Parramatta Town Hall shows were pretty big too!

So many great memories!

Cheers
Matt

Card Junction and The Card Shaq were the Coles and Woolworths of Sports card franchises in Sydney. Card Junction if I remember we’re in Hornsby, Randwick, Ashfield, Bondi Junction (ones I can remember) There were card shops in Rosebery and Mascot/Botany too! Next time I’m in Old Sydney Town I’ll have to take some photos of the former premises! Time goes by so quick!

First card show I ever went to was at Sydney Girls High at Moore Park in 1991. I remember getting the 1991/92 NBA Hoops McDonalds dream team Michael Jordan/Scottie Pippen cards. Back before inserts and chase cards. ☺️

Yeah photos of 90s card stores would be great if anyone has any (even in other states?) I reckon card junction was the name the card store at the top of Victoria ave (at the base of the giant stairs) near Chatswood station.

The two in Chatswood were Card Junction , it was in the arcade to the left as you came down the stairs of the train station , and Games Plus which was in the mall itself at the bottom of steps to the right. I worked there for a year

Back
Top Bottom