Card Designed for IP's

bob

OzCardTrader
Real Name
bob
eBay User
bbqbob7
What is your opinion on getting signatures on cards that are designed for that purpose or is it collectable to have 1 signed and another not.
I believe in getting commons, low insert cards done as IP's but I think it devalues the High inserts. I know this is a personal thing but I was wondering if the members had their thoughts on this subject. Here is example of these cards.

S3000009.JPG

S3000010.JPG

Totally agree Bob. Nothing pisses me of than people who get high end cards signed.

I think it depends, if you are looking to resell them then yea getting higher end cards signed can devalue them, however if you are an IP sig collector, then getting the higher end stuff signed gives the card more value to you and maybe other IP collectors. But if its for your collection, it really comes down to what you like.

Personally I dont like IPs at all, but I can definitely see the draw in collecting them, the guy on this forum that has the cameron smith and JT collection, with just about every card signed is an amazing collection and I genuinely appreciate his interest in getting that done and have to say it looks amazing, its just not something I would personally collect.

So I guess it depends on your own tastes. If I was collecting IPs, I would definitely want a non-IP version as well, but like I said, it comes down to personal preference.

For my PC I will have one signed one unsigned.

I generally pick a subset, sometimes two, I like from each release and try and get them signed for the PC as well as the base set. I do not get high end cards signed, good luck to those who do it certainly doesn't bother me off as if I had the cash and time to get them signed I probably would as well however I am in the camp that thinks it probably devalues the card by limiting the market you could resell too.

A signature card in most cases are always worth more than a plain card. Due to the fact that the any ones signature is worth money.

For my PC I will have one signed one unsigned.

I generally pick a subset, sometimes two, I like from each release and try and get them signed for the PC as well as the base set. I do not get high end cards signed, good luck to those who do it certainly doesn't bother me off as if I had the cash and time to get them signed I probably would as well however I am in the camp that thinks it probably devalues the card by limiting the market you could resell too.
^^ditto, though reselling doesn't cross my mind as its not why i get IP's.

I don't collect IP's per say but have acquired a few commons and low end Raiders IP's sling the way.

I personally won't get High end cards signed but believe it is up to the individual as after all it is their card and if they intend to keep it good on them!

I really liked the Traders FOTG design this year and was very happy to add the signed Raiders to my PC

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom