Carbon Tax, what does that mean for Card Collecting

Lay-off letter from a smart boss.
Dear employees,
As the CEO of this organisation. I have resigned myself to the fact that Julia Gillard is our Prime Minister, and that our insurance costs, taxes, and government fees have increased and obviously will continue to increase in a BIG way after the carbon tax is introduced. This is the Labor way.
To compensate for these increases, our prices would have to increase by at least 10 percent.
But since we cannot increase our prices right now due to the dismal state of the economy, we will have to lay off 60 employees.
This has really been bothering me since I believe we are family here, and I didn’t know how to choose who would have to go.
So, this is what I did.
I walked through our parking lot and found 60 bumper stickers displayed on employee’s cars, saying either “Vote Labour”, “Kevin 07” or “Bring in Carbon Tax”.
The board has decided the owners of these cars are the ones we will let go.
We can’t think of a fairer way to approach this problem. They voted for change... and now they are getting it.
I will see the rest of you at the annual company picnic.
The Boss.

Lay-off letter from a smart boss.
Dear employees,
As the CEO of this organisation. I have resigned myself to the fact that Julia Gillard is our Prime Minister, and that our insurance costs, taxes, and government fees have increased and obviously will continue to increase in a BIG way after the carbon tax is introduced. This is the Labor way.
To compensate for these increases, our prices would have to increase by at least 10 percent.
But since we cannot increase our prices right now due to the dismal state of the economy, we will have to lay off 60 employees.
This has really been bothering me since I believe we are family here, and I didn’t know how to choose who would have to go.
So, this is what I did.
I walked through our parking lot and found 60 bumper stickers displayed on employee’s cars, saying either “Vote Labour”, “Kevin 07” or “Bring in Carbon Tax”.
The board has decided the owners of these cars are the ones we will let go.
We can’t think of a fairer way to approach this problem. They voted for change... and now they are getting it.
I will see the rest of you at the annual company picnic.
The Boss.

Is that real?

How is a topic like this any different to office water cooler conversation?

This site isn't just about sports and card collecting which is why admin created a General Discussion part of the forum and it's the one of the great things about this site. This site brings together people from across the globe who share the common passion for card collecting and it's only natural that our conversations diverge into non-card and sports related topics. Some people just like to have educated discussions about things which are going in society which affect one another, this is no different. Personally I think we need more topics like this.

There are some places we shouldn't go into like racism, religion, sexuality and disability but politics affects us all so in my opinion it belongs here.

If you think this doesn't belong here then admin better chop the Music, Gaming & Entertainment section of the forum too.

And how is this not important? It affects the cost of our hobby, we all pay postage in this hobby and the reality is it will get more expensive after this.

If you don't like this stuff ignore it and read another thread, it's a free world.
nice rant dude, but unless anyone on oct has a real handle on the ins and outs of the carbon tax and its ramifications, this whole thread is a load of bs with not much more value than the scaremongering that is going on in the media and governments. its just a lot of peoples opinions who dont really know much on the subject, and that aint an educated discussion

Back
Top Bottom