Car Insurance companies

fastbaja5b

Banned User
Real Name
Bsr
eBay User
fastbaja5b
Ok had a shitty night both my and a work colleague's cars got smashed into at work, luckily I don't keep much in the car, so all I lost was the roller door and security gate key rings and the remote for my Pioneer deck, which they tried to remove and f#cked the facia.

Do the usual, call insurance and arrange emergency glass replacement.

Got through to O'Briens straight up, then go to arrange it as insurance.

My company: - Western QBE - oh no we don't deal with them, you have to call Instant Windscreens, Instant Windscreens, we need a claim number, back to QBE, we're not authroised to give a claim number after hours.

WTF!

My colleague?

Rings RACWA - had to wait 10 or so mins, they say she can use whoever, and she has a claim number then and there. Her car is being fixed tonight afterhours.

I have to resume my saga in the fkn morning.

I hear my insurance is up for renewal soon, tell you who I won't be stayin with!

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Yeah, I've found AAMI and the RACx companies to be pretty good, they're usually slightly more expensive but they're not so prone to dodging claims.

I once had a $2000 stereo system stolen from my car, AAMI said we don't allow that value of system (and it was stated in their policy) but they still gave me $700 and fixed all the damage, now that's good :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about your cars, and your Insurance.

I started out with AAMI, got a new car, and they woudnt insure me as I had a sports exhaust on it (they said it makes the car go faster.... WTF, I'm an instant race driver!!).

Rang RACT and go hooked up straight away.

Have an agreed value, and it's on Direct Debit combined with Danni's car, and the house.

I've had 3 incidents (none my fault - need I say, they were all women's drivers, LOL), they came to the party on ALL occasions, no stress with them.

I'd be making the switch sooner than later mate!

RACx give you rating 1 for life.

as an insurance salesman for the RAA here in SA, im a little biased i guess, but seriously we do have the best benefits. we pay out over 98% of claims, which im pretty sure is way more other companies. we're owned by the same company (suncorp-metway) as AAMI so both RAx and AAMI have similar underwriting setups.

Back
Top Bottom