Canberra Trading Card Fair: 5th December 10am - 2pm

wonderwoman

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Kelsey
Trading Card Fair_v7.jpg

Last edited:
Come along to Canberra's inaugural Trading Card Fair on the first weekend in December. Meet up with fellow collectors and trading card enthusiasts, swap stories, browse stalls, show-off your collection, and hopefully win a lucky door prize along the way. Free show bags for first 50 people through the door!

COVID tracing and government regulations will be closely followed. Please note due to these regulations, we can only have 50 people at any one time in the Hall.

If you're wanting to enquire about a stall, or if you have any other questions, please feel free to message me here.

Last edited:
Hopefully there won't be to many sellers only wanting to sell at top dollar plus overlooking the factor you have a competitor nowadays, IE the internet!!!

Is it worth coming from Sydney? How big is this thing going to be?
We have space for 11-12 stalls and can allow 50 people in at a time, with a four hour window. It’s difficult to predict the success coming out of COVID/being Canberra’s first trading card-specific event, but regardless our aim is to get collectors and trading card enthusiasts in the one room sharing the community of trading cards together.

I have heard some exciting rumours about a large card show in Melbourne next year that might be worth the drive. It’s all in the pipeline and no official details confirmed yet.

Have debated and debated about this and have decided to pass on it this year. Relying on public transport is a real bummer at times.

Hi all!

The Fair is tomorrow! It should be a wonderful day for us all to interact, trade, share, buy, banter and share our love of trading cards.

Thanks to some recent revisions from ACT Health, we now have capacity for 92 people. If the 50 person limit was putting you off before, I hope you will reconsider.

Please message me with any questions whatsoever!

Fair review:

As an ACT resident, finding the location was not an issue for me however it could have been if new to town? Upon arriving, a warm welcome and nothing was taken for granted upon safe covid practices.
Unlike the larger fairs I've been to, stall operaters seemed more willing to strike up a conversation with stall browsers with such awareness of the internet competitors in collection nowadays.
Due to the cheap prices for cards, it was generally curtisful to make a purchase if hanging around a stall for some time and in spite of no real high end stuff, I managed to come up with a bit of a handy pick up in terms of low end cards.
In future, I could have brought some of my own cards along just in case someone was actually after ones I'd be happy to sell and/or trade (you never know)
Nonetheless, a nice friendly atmosphere with no arseholes nor clicky rip off artists if you know what I mean

Hi,
Just wanted to send out a special thank-you to the people of Canberra for coming out to support the first of hopefully many card shows. I was the NRL/AFL stall holder for anybody that was there so thank-you from the bottom of my heart.
A round of applause to the organisers Walter & Andy (Thanks for the Flat White coffee run mid-show Andy) for your generosity it was greatly appreciated. I personally would like to thank Kelsey Robinson who I dealt with mostly for her determination in getting this off the ground. A feature article in the Canberra Times, Canberra Times photographer taking photos at the event is a tremendous effort for someone organising a first event and a 10 out of 10 rating is no exaggeration believe me. Having had stalls in Sydney and Melbourne since 2006 I have never experienced such warmth and humilty so from myself and the Canberra public, Great Great Job.

Last edited:
Hi,
Just wanted to send out a special thank-you to the people of Canberra for coming out to support the first of hopefully many card shows. I was the NRL/AFL stall holder for anybody that was there so thank-you from the bottom of my heart.
A round of applause to the organisers Walter & Andy (Thanks for the Flat White coffee run mid-show Andy) for your generosity it was greatly appreciated. I personally would like to thank Kelsey Robinson who I dealt with mostly for her determination in getting this off the ground. A feature article in the Canberra Times, Canberra Times photographer taking photos at the event is a tremendous effort for someone organising a first event and a 10 out of 10 rating is no exaggeration believe me. Having had stalls in Sydney and Melbourne since 2006 I have never experienced such warmth and humilty so from myself and the Canberra public, Great Great Job.

Thank you so, so much for this comment Lee, and for catering to the NRL/AFL interests with your friendly, knowledgeable and approachable stall.

Back
Top Bottom