Can someone Knowledgeable in Team coach assist me with this rare card?

Wildcardhunter

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Tom
Hi everyone!

I was that someone in the community could help me with a card I picked up off eBay. Attached below are the images of a 2006 James Hird 'trophy' card I purchased. I noticed it has a metallic WEG signature on the card, and I thought this was standard on all of the trophy cards from this year. I stumbled across an ebay listing today that has the same card, but without the metallic WEG signature (Image also attached below). Can anyone shed some light on this feature? Have I unintentionally picked up a really rare card? I appreciate anyone that can help!

All the best, Tom

hird 2.jpg

hird 3.jpg

hird 4.jpg

hird pirze 1.jpg

Both the Hird and Cousins prize wildcards exist with and without the WEG foil. The versions without the WEG foil are rarer however not that rare.

Perfect thank you for the response! Do you know what the difference was? Where they awarded for different things?

Perfect thank you for the response! Do you know what the difference was? Where they awarded for different things?

My understanding was the versions without the WEG foil were obtained from the factory and released to the market for sale. The WEG foil was then added to differentiate the true prize wildcards from the versions obtained through the back door.

Just when you thought you had handle on what cards were out there... up pops another variation.

That is really interesting I had no idea!

Do you guys knowsomeoneby any cahnce who has a Chris judd Brownlow wildcard?

Back
Top Bottom