Can anyone tell me how does Card Grading Australia rate against PSA

old-timers

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Ken
As post ..Can anyone tell me how does Card Grading Australia rate against PSA

I'm thinking about having some cards graded (first time for me) and due to present circumstances regarding the virus I;m looking at the Australian alternative so I need to know .
Q1.would collectors prefer PSA against AUS brand
Q2 is the AUS comparable in grading to PSA with the same degree of divisions.

I think one of the things is that grading is not as accepted in the AFL collecting, as it is in the states with basketball,baseball,football.
not saying it wont in the future. Maybe it will, maybe it wont?
- I have a range of baseball cards slabbed in PSA, but no afl graded at all
-as for aus grading compared to u.s .. no idea, but some others on the board could answer that for you
if I was to grade, I would be more inclined to grade older scanlens, then modern select.

Thanks for the response, didn't think of between basketball,baseball,football and AFL I just noticed
some cards ( I won't state what) that I have are bringing $15 ungraded up to $500 graded with PSA so I thought
why not grade them but where is the question due to present world circumstances.

Thanks for the response, didn't think of between basketball,baseball,football and AFL I just noticed
some cards ( I won't state what) that I have are bringing $15 ungraded up to $500 graded with PSA so I thought
why not grade them but where is the question due to present world circumstances.

I have no idea on the AFL world but I know that there are some guys that have had NBA cards graded by CGA and while they appear to do a decent job the market is already so established with PSA & BGS that the market doesn't see any increased value above raw... in saying that AFL being graded by an Australian company for an Australian sport it might sit a little better.

@nissangtr35 may be able to offer you some advice as he runs a big submission to PSA every month I know I have seen some AFL& NRL cards graded in the BGS submissions that Cherry Collectables offer as well each month. There have been some longer delays with Corona and these places shutting down for periods of time so there is a backlog with them being understaffed a bit.

longer delays with Corona and these places shutting down for periods of time so there is a backlog with them being understaffed a bit.

Thanks, that was one of my reasons for the questions

Back
Top Bottom