theflyinggerco

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Matthew
eBay User
theflyinggerco
COMC User
Gerco
Got a whole bunch of Mikan base in the post today, which you can see in my Photobucket (link below).

Some nice cards in that bunch, but I also got this beauty today:

1502010-2011PaniniLimitedThreadsPrime124ed1of10.jpg

2010-2011 Panini Limited Threads Prime #ed 1/10

The card is simply awesome in hand; the card has a shine to it which I can't explain and the patch... What can I say. Its got huge, clear stitches in it and looks amazing in hand too. Still trying to figure out exactly what its from; maybe a number or 'Lakers'; I don't really know enough about the 1950s Minneapolis Lakers jersey to know more than its not a MPLS style because they are blue. Ideas anyone?

Thanks for looking guys!

Very nice patch! Especially considering how rare even Mikan jerseys are

I'm really surprised that people are selling them so card companies can hack them up... Maybe they are all basketball card collectors!

AWESOME mate, great card

Thanks Matt, really happy with it

That patch is beautiful........a real rarity!

Rarity in that there has only been 10 made of this set but also because there is only 700 or so George Mikan memorabilia cards and less than 100 patch cards (71 by my approximation). Really glad I was able to get one with such a sweet patch.

Nuts Patch! Vey nice pickup mate!

Yeah, it's a pretty sweet patch. Thanks for the comment mate.

AWESOME card... wait, somebody's already said that. Oh well, AWESOME card! I've wanted one of his patches since 09-10 Panini came out, but they're too rich for me. And that's not just the piping that's in most of them... AWESOME card...!!!

mega pickup mate... congrats

Thanks Loafic, I'm really happy with it.

AWESOME card... wait, somebody's already said that. Oh well, AWESOME card! I've wanted one of his patches since 09-10 Panini came out, but they're too rich for me. And that's not just the piping that's in most of them... AWESOME card...!!!

Yeah it looks different to the majority of patches I've seen in other Mikans. Thanks for the comment HAF.

Jeez, those patches must be rare as hens teeth! Good investment! I'm not entirely sure if they weven had their surnames printed on the jerseys back in Mikan's days - so I'm guessign it;s from whatever was across the front of the jersey or posibly some trimming from the side of the jersey or shorts...just an under-educated guess! lol

BOOM! FRICKEN DAMN! amazing card, didnt know he HAD game used stuff.....can u pm me how much that set you back because that is an absolute ripper! congrats mate!

Jeez, those patches must be rare as hens teeth! Good investment! I'm not entirely sure if they weven had their surnames printed on the jerseys back in Mikan's days - so I'm guessign it;s from whatever was across the front of the jersey or posibly some trimming from the side of the jersey or shorts...just an under-educated guess! lol

I've looked for hours on the web to find a colour picture of a Minneapolis Lakers white home jersey and I've not found one. I've seen plenty of the MPLS away jerseys that are pale blue with yellow, but this patch is clearly from a white jersey due (and this doesn't show up properly in the scans) to the blue and yellow bits of the patch being raised up from the white bit of the patch.

If anyone can find a colour photo of a Minneapolis Lakers white jersey from the late 40s to 1956 please post it up.

Back
Top Bottom