BV vs. actual value

Prototype

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Ryan
in reference to the recent topic concerning whether fellow traders would pay over (or around) BV for any card, I was curious what particular items/sets command are known to sell above BV

also curious to know of anything specific of note which regularly sells well below BV

I'm pretty sure the exqusites esp. rookies would sell above bv. Think the dwight howard one books for around 900 but have seen many sold for 2.5k

Pretty much BV is all over the place, pay no attention to it.

A much better question would have been "would you pay well over Market Value for a card you needed?"

Pretty much BV is all over the place, pay no attention to it.

I always find it weird/strange/funny (pick one!!) when you read the Beckett mag and the writers refer to book price (eg. "the Kobe RC has been regularly selling above book price") and yet there are never or rarely any arrows in the price guide. It's as if they don't even believe in or are disconnected from the magazine they are producing.

the_pie said:
I'm pretty sure the exqusites esp. rookies would sell above bv. Think the dwight howard one books for around 900 but have seen many sold for 2.5k

Depends on which Exquisite and which RC. Most sell for below beckett except for some of the premium RCs like Dwighty and BG. Also a premium is paid for the nice patches.

i realise BV isnt a strong guide as to market value, but as someone who predominantly trades as opposed to buys and sells (thus often using BV as a trade value guide), i'm curious what cards/sets (if any) are best sold off rather than being used as trade bait.

say if something already sells consistently at 75%+ of BV, i'd probably rather move it for cash than via trade. can anyone think of any particular items that this is the case for (with the exception of reknowned hobby-killer Exquisite)?

alternatively, i'm curious if anyone can think of any high(ish) BV items that routinely move for well below their BV say 25% or under.

cmon peoples, get those brains into gear :p

Right of the top on my head, the Mcgrady 03-04 Base/225 sells aboce BV all the time.

I see this ofetn from people whom buy multiples of a particular card, which drives the price up higher than what would be the norm.

But it happens a lot, but the Mcgrady is the first that pops in my mind asap.

Back
Top Bottom