BUYERS BEWARE - Ebay seller cardboardpimping

A1CardsandGaming

@ A1, we love collecting as much as you do !
Real Name
Terry
eBay User
www.A1CardsandGaming.com
Hi everyone,

It has been a long time between drinks for me to pick up something nice for my own Personal collection so when i came across a couple of jersey numbered MJ cards from the same seller I thought it was a good time to spoil myself

http://myworld.ebay.com/cardboardpimping/&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2754

The cards were listed as nm to mint condition

After paying pretty much top dollar for them, as per usual I filmed the opening of the parcel and was happy that the cards I actually ordered did indeed arrive :thumbsup: Pretty excited at that point

What I eventually found was disappointing to say the least :(

Although sent in magnetic hard cases, Both cards had extra damage that was obviously not there at the time of the original scans being done.

From chipping on the edges, to one have a badly damaged corner, to actual dents on the surface and edge of both cards.

Initially the seller tried to brush off having any fault and that I need to contact ebay directly because he sent it through their mailing system.... I found that amusing when he claims to offer (taken from his ebay shop page)

" What everyone should know about me
I am a seller that wants to make every customer have a pleasent experience on Ebay "

Now my only option is to send the cards back with tracking at my own expense .... Should be roughly $50 out of pocket doing that or I am stuck with 2 cards that were not sold as described and overpriced :(

It is sellers like this that I can't stand. If it is damaged, tell people or just don't list it for sale.... :mad:

So All I can say now is you can never really know what condition some cards will arrive in or what condition they have left in.

So a shameless plug for local business's around Australia.
If you can view and buy locally, it is really the only way to go because obviously 34000 + feedback at 99.9% really means jack sh*t :mad:

end rant

Last edited:
I have purchased from him on numerous occasions and they have been smooth transactions with cards in good condition, except the last time.

I had won a Rodman GS patch from him last year, only to find a HUGE Panini chip (we are talking layers of the cardboard lifting), on the bottom of the card when it arrived. The original scan in his listing failed to show the chip and more importantly it wasn't even mentioned by him at all.

So I definitely concur with OP that he isn't as honest as he portrays himself to be.

I have purchased from him on numerous occasions and they have been smooth transactions with cards in good condition, except the last time.

I had won a Rodman GS patch from him last year, only to find a HUGE Panini chip (we are talking layers of the cardboard lifting), on the bottom of the card when it arrived. The original scan in his listing failed to show the chip and more importantly it wasn't even mentioned by him at all.

So I definitely concur with OP that he isn't as honest as he portrays himself to be.
Sorry to hear that Michael.
The initial transaction went smoothly with fairly quick postage (although tracking was hard to follow) It was just the actual product that I paid for that was lacking :(

Dodgy mofo:cautious:... there seems to be a few of them i have come across lately in my searches. Think im gonna stick by the saying" If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is"....cant help but think there are MANY people out there producing fakes etc and they happen to make one good card and that is the one they show in the photo. Sad

Back
Top Bottom