Buttercup Allan Border Authentic Signature Card

Wookiedragon

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Daniel
eBay User
Wookie-dragon
I was VERY pleased to have this arrive yesterday.

I did not even know there was a signature card in the buttercup sets until i found this one. There is no mention of it on the other cards.

I would be interested to know if anyone else has it & if there are any other players with a signature card in the set.

The one I have is numbered 115 & it says there were 1000 made. I doubt anywhere near the 1000 mark are still around & I would think a large number would have been thrown out with the bread packaging when they were released 18 years ago.

If anyone has any more info on it that would be great.

Border Buttercup.jpg
Border buttercup back.jpg

Wow. Heard of it but thats the first i have seen. Doubt there is 1000 out there. Awesome pickup mate.

That is just an awesome mailday mate - gee that brings back memories too! Who DIDN'T used to insist on an extra 2 or 3 loaves of bread when Mum and Dad did the weekly grocery shopping?! :) No name, no pack drill :whistle:

Thanks guys, I had to look twice when I saw it, the two tone green and yellow was what stood out to me, and when I saw the back of the card I nearly fell over. I have not looked at the buttercup cards for some time, so I initially just thought it was a regular card that someone had got signed.

I too remember stocking up on mountains of the bread just to fill the set.

Absolutely sensational Daniel.
Certainly brings back memories of mum going crook at me opening the packs of bread to get at cards before my brother LOL.
A real nice find and great post

regards Russell

Great pickup Daniel, I had heard of this card but not seen one, terrific price too, well done!

awesome pick up, at the time a couple went through the card shop i worked for on the weekends at the brickworks markets a mate has no.875 and 649

Wasn't aware of a letter Arash?

Are you saying they were by redemption?

I was assuming they came in the bread like all the other cards in this set.....

Actually I don't know for a fact, but Russell (pineneedlebeetle) told me about the letter, but I haven't seen one ever.

Even Brad had this card but not sure if he had the letter.

Back
Top Bottom