Brownlow advice 2017

owen21

Panthers 1991
Real Name
owen
eBay User
roy2053
Each year I like to buy 4 Brownlow predictors and enjoy watching the players throughout the year..

I buy 2 card from guys who are projected to be in the top 5 favourites

And 2 roughies who have a solid chance...

Does anyone gave advice on who to buy?

Interesting question! Here's who I'd go:

Favourites

- Patrick Dangerfield: in his prime, unstoppable last year, and no reason he can't have a similar season this year.
- Marcus Bontempelli: the hottest player in the game right now, the umpires will definitely notice his good games. If the Bulldogs can win a similar amount of games this season he'll be right up there.

Roughies

- Adam Treloar: gun who is already elite but I feel could be even better. Needs to outshine Pendlebury though.
- Stephen Coniglio: topped GWS' votes last season. Consistently in the top few possession winners, downside is there's plenty of competition for votes in the Giants' midfield.

Thanks mate I appreciate your insight

="Scotty_WCE, post: 1719429, member: 7289"]Interesting question! Here's who I'd go:

Favourites

- Patrick Dangerfield: in his prime, unstoppable last year, and no reason he can't have a similar season this year.
- Marcus Bontempelli: the hottest player in the game right now, the umpires will definitely notice his good games. If the Bulldogs can win a similar amount of games this season he'll be right up there.

Roughies

- Adam Treloar: gun who is already elite but I feel could be even better. Needs to outshine Pendlebury though.
- Stephen Coniglio: topped GWS' votes last season. Consistently in the top few possession winners, downside is there's plenty of competition for votes in the Giants' midfield.[/QUOTE]

I think Scott was pretty close with his picks. Im not as close to the AFL as I once was......but here are some of my choices....

Dangerfield
Bontimpelli
Fyfe
Priddis

For the Swans......have lots of players stealing votes from each other but these 2 always play well.
Luke Parker
Josh Kennedy

What about the ultimate redemption story?
Jobe Watson......32 years of age, stripped of the Brownlow.........wins it back?

Again probably a long shot but would be a huge story if he did it.

Dangerfield & Fyfe tie hopefully. Fyfe beat Dangerfield in 2015.
Lots of roughies. Hannebery, Parker, Kennedy, Pendlebury, Martin, Bontempelli, Sloane, Selwood, Priddis.
I reckon Max Gawn and Aaron Hall have a chance too. Hall lead last years count after 3 rounds with 9 votes.
But really hard to see past Danger and Fyfe. For me there the best 2 players in the comp.

I like Sloane this year, polls pretty well (24 last year) and is the standout in Adelaide's midfield.

Locks go danger (if you can get one), fyfe or watson

Mid rangers i reckon treloar, ward or heppell

My smokies are shiel (get on), cripps, tom mitchell or rockliff

I got 80 predictors and got none of the top 6 in the betting - unbelievable.
No Danger, Fyfe, Bontempelli, Martin, Parker or Sloane.

Interesting question! Here's who I'd go:

Favourites

Roughies

- Stephen Coniglio: topped GWS' votes last season. Consistently in the top few possession winners, downside is there's plenty of competition for votes in the Giants' midfield.

Can't argue with Danger - only thing to stop him being top 5 in Brownlow will be injury - last season he managed to produce even when tagged, something he seemed to have trouble with at Adelaide.
I would also put Fyfe with Bont - both are match winners when at their best, but for me Fyfe just shades Bont.
Suggest avoiding Coniglio - reports are he is likely to miss the first 5 or 6 weeks of the season.
A real dark horse I like for a top 5 finish is the evergreen Nick Reiwoldt - Saints are on the improve and should win at least 12 games and Nick has been influencing games alot more since being shifted out of the forward line to the wing.

Can't argue with Danger - only thing to stop him being top 5 in Brownlow will be injury - last season he managed to produce even when tagged, something he seemed to have trouble with at Adelaide.
I would also put Fyfe with Bont - both are match winners when at their best, but for me Fyfe just shades Bont.
Suggest avoiding Coniglio - reports are he is likely to miss the first 5 or 6 weeks of the season.
A real dark horse I like for a top 5 finish is the evergreen Nick Reiwoldt - Saints are on the improve and should win at least 12 games and Nick has been influencing games alot more since being shifted out of the forward line to the wing.
Yeah, just read in the paper today that Cogs is going to miss the first month. So as you said probably pretty unlikely now!

I considered Fyfe but I'd wait to see how he looks in the first few weeks of the season, obviously coming back from the broken leg. Might take a while to get back to his best, might not - we'll have to wait and see!

Riewoldt isn't a bad suggestion - it would be a fair effort at his age but after seeing what he did last season (particularly in the last round) you wouldn't put it past him!

Stephen Coniglio of GWS is out of question now for this year due to injury costing me until mid season. Perhaps Toby Greene a dark horse for the contender for GWS if not Dylan Shields.

Back
Top Bottom