Brilliance is coming

Are you sure retailers got allocated stock? I don't reckon they did. If they wanted any boxes they had to purchase like everyone else I thought.
Yeah I don't reckon they will.

I guess you want to see what the usual sellers on ebay do after release.

Are you sure retailers got allocated stock? I don't reckon they did. If they wanted any boxes they had to purchase like everyone else I thought, but please correct me if I'm wrong.
I was just speculating. Zero idea how they allocated the releases - it could have been everything they had, but even then lets say 1500 for SCC so leaving about 3300 on the table (I think the total was 4800ish right?) - Still only 1650 customers @ 2 per. If Retailers have to queue also then they will have as many employees + family + friends lined up to score product for them.. plus bots...

Its a small pool of allocation, so missing out is sometimes just a reality without it necassarily being a horrible system or all Select's fault was simply the point I was trying to make. We all had a chance despite the demand.

Are you sure retailers got allocated stock? I don't reckon they did. If they wanted any boxes they had to purchase like everyone else I thought, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

I've heard retailers and breakers say there was no retail allocation for Brilliance. You can only get it through SCC and the website drop.

I've heard retailers and breakers say there was no retail allocation for Brilliance. You can only get it through SCC and the website drop.

That's what I heard too. I have a great idea for future, if any orders are cancelled for one reason or another then that many boxes get allocated to SCC members and names get drawn out at random to purchase. Lets say 40 boxes get cancelled by Select for double orders/breaking rules etc etc, then 40 SCC members are drawn and they each get the chance to buy another box.

That's what I heard too. I have a great idea for future, if any orders are cancelled for one reason or another then that many boxes get allocated to SCC members and names get drawn out at random to purchase. Lets say 40 boxes get cancelled by Select for double orders/breaking rules etc etc, then 40 SCC members are drawn and they each get the chance to buy another box.
I'd be happy for those who did not get any in the SCC drop to have first dibs

Just my take. No system is going to be perfect. Select at least have a members program and then announce so everyone has a chance.

Its a limited release specifically targetting collectors. Assume Select sold 1500 to SCC members (1000 members conservatively @ 1.5 box's per) then we are down to 3500 give / take boxes left. Take a 1000 away for retail / break channels (it was probably much more) leaving 2500 - at 2 a piece thats only 1250 customers...

Just saying sometimes its not your day but its not necassarily selects fault - they gave us all a shot at the least. Might be bots out there, but plenty of us still snagged our orders, even with additional captcha's and having to relogin (which I think is part of the process to trying to impact the bots.. hence why it happens and and did happen to me).

Not a select fan boy, but I give them credit where its due. If you think about what Panini does with the basketball community, comparitively Select look like Margo Robbie in Wolf of Wall Street.

*numbers and maths just a guess. Don't hang me
I don't mind missing out if I'm competing against humans but if these bots are still a thing despite the added levels of security which they seem to be able to circumvent, then the least Select could do is get rid of the re-login feature and not ask me how many ******* boats I can see so me and the rest of us punters at least have an equal chance against the bot computer programs. Old bloke like me struggles to answer their phone before it stops ringing let alone pick out some random image from blurry pictures in two seconds.

I don't mind missing out if I'm competing against humans but if these bots are still a thing despite the added levels of security which they seem to be able to circumvent, then the least Select could do is get rid of the re-login feature and not ask me how many ******* boats I can see so me and the rest of us punters at least have an equal chance against the bot computer programs. Old bloke like me struggles to answer their phone before it stops ringing let alone pick out some random image from a blurry pictures in two seconds.
Always do a run through with a box of footy stars about 20 mins before the drop. Do your captcha then and then you won't need to redo it for the good stuff!
Just remember to remove the footystars from your cart ;)

I was just speculating. Zero idea how they allocated the releases - it could have been everything they had, but even then lets say 1500 for SCC so leaving about 3300 on the table (I think the total was 4800ish right?) - Still only 1650 customers @ 2 per. If Retailers have to queue also then they will have as many employees + family + friends lined up to score product for them.. plus bots...

Its a small pool of allocation, so missing out is sometimes just a reality without it necassarily being a horrible system or all Select's fault was simply the point I was trying to make. We all had a chance despite the demand.

Ultimately there are sound ideas that could be implemented to improve the process though. Whilst they may not be a silver bullet they could certainly make a big difference.

Like I said, Select deserve credit for the steps theyve taken but there's undoubtedly more that could be done.

Was told today by someone in a sneaker discord group that 600 members targeted this release to flip the boxes
Wouldn’t have been the only ones. Cards have been easy money on the flip for 3 years, especially a limited release like this. Bots are a real thing - but it’s more likely just a ton of people doing a low tech cash grab.. as there is with anything collectible these days

Sneaker people hey , I buy quite a bit on eBay including this release and just then one of them added a box in my cart which I deleted. How can this happen?

600 general release

Exactly the problem. Fix it by increasing SCC membership and box allocation while closely scrutinizing SCC applications.

Let the flippers fight over whatever measly amount of product is left for general public. Best bot wins.

Back
Top Bottom