Brilliance is coming

The fact that people forgot , I had to write it on my hand to remember, shows many collectors are not too bothered anymore . It is still annoying that the old time collector can't wait and buy as they please . Not sure it will change unless they make more product which will saturate the market and drive down prices or another company comes in and gives more options. It is probably not desirable however . Not sure what the answer is .

Demand will drop off eventually, give it time. Brilliance is free money and Daicos alone will save series two - but both 2022 Prestige singles and sealed box prices were evidence there's a shift happening in the hobby.

It will only take one release to completely bust from a resell perspective and that market will fold very quickly. It's already happened with most NBA products.

The thing with NBA there is a glut of products here only 4 or 5 sets a yr. I actually believe for speculators box selling is the go so will continue for a while. As a collector it’s not like the old days so you just have to make the changes if you want to keep collecting. Not a cheap hobby card collecting any more .

If Select truly wanted to "get the product in as many collectors hands as possible" (which it literally says on their website) they would lower box limits. What's fairly obvious is they've decided there's a cutoff point where the logistical cost of fulfilling so many unique orders just isn't worth the resources required.

A slightly more complicated solution would be to increase SCC membership but actually assess the applications on merit (eg. if no previous purchases on the Select website this would be an automatic decline). With an increased amount of quality SCC memberships then increase the SCC box limit but stipulate they can not also participate in the public sale. What product is left for the public then leave for the bots and Johnny come lately's to fight over.

I know personally I would gladly accept a guaranteed slightly less number of boxes with one postage cost, than to have to fight in the public sale and risk missing out to flippers and those who have been in the hobby for five minutes.
i am a member and happy to buy 4 boxes of optimum and that's it not buy any in the general sale i send a message to select to try that but you no they do not care who buys it sold out they have there money what pisses me off why not give me 5 minutes to checkout then i have them in my cart because i missed capta one time and for the first time ask to enter a 6 digit code new i had no chance when that happen and was out at 5.02 just bots are quicker and capta will not stop them

I think the drop is ok atm, save for bots clearly having a laugh with the shopify setup.

If you prepare, you should be ok.

It’s heaps better than the staggered drops they had last brilliance

The thing with NBA there is a glut of products here only 4 or 5 sets a yr. I actually believe for speculators box selling is the go so will continue for a while. As a collector it’s not like the old days so you just have to make the changes if you want to keep collecting. Not a cheap hobby card collecting any more.

Yea look I can see both sides - I'm likely going to onsell Brilliance as it's not a set that appeals to me; I'll put that money towards rookie and DPS cards in series two which are of far more personal interest.

I can say however that I opened Prestige and got a far better return doing so than I would have selling them sealed, and that's without hitting anything exceptional. In the end I was able to secure the cards I wanted and still had some spare change leftover.

FWIW I feel that series two will be worth an open this season as well. Any Daicos signature is going to be next level plus whatever other goodies Select throw in this year.

I think the drop is ok atm, save for bots clearly having a laugh with the shopify setup.

If you prepare, you should be ok.

It’s heaps better than the staggered drops they had last brilliance

They're definitely trying to improve, I don't think anyone could argue that. Most of it is basic stuff though. Parcel lockers were an obvious loophole and multiple drops was always asking for trouble.

The question is could they do more? Probably.

They could start by replacing damaged cards from packs pretty unsavoury when people spend thousands of dollars on their products and they refuse to replace anything.

Just my take. No system is going to be perfect. Select at least have a members program and then announce so everyone has a chance.

Its a limited release specifically targetting collectors. Assume Select sold 1500 to SCC members (1000 members conservatively @ 1.5 box's per) then we are down to 3500 give / take boxes left. Take a 1000 away for retail / break channels (it was probably much more) leaving 2500 - at 2 a piece thats only 1250 customers...

Just saying sometimes its not your day but its not necassarily selects fault - they gave us all a shot at the least. Might be bots out there, but plenty of us still snagged our orders, even with additional captcha's and having to relogin (which I think is part of the process to trying to impact the bots.. hence why it happens and and did happen to me).

Not a select fan boy, but I give them credit where its due. If you think about what Panini does with the basketball community, comparitively Select look like Margo Robbie in Wolf of Wall Street.

*numbers and maths just a guess. Don't hang me

If they gave 1000 to retailers to break at 500+ per box that's an utter disgrace for a business who preach they "wish to get the product into as many collectors hands as possible".

Also any bot worth it's salt can bypass captcha's. Let's not pretend their website built on Shopify isn't a flipper's wet dream.

My question is if they have released Brilliance this year then is this our premium drop for 2022 (ie no Supremacy repeat)?

My question is if they have released Brilliance this year then is this our premium drop for 2022 (ie no Supremacy repeat)?

There will be no Supremacy this year.

Given the huge logistical operation of every first year player having a DPS they've chosen to push back the traditional series two.

At best we might see a repeat of something like the /25 rookie set, but maybe with slightly more imagination.

Good. Cause I think im going to sit on my brilliance boxes (maybe)... and im sitting on my prestige boxes (just wasnt much i wanted from the set when it dropped so i didnt open)..

... ... ... so now im out of money

Good. Cause I think im going to sit on my brilliance boxes (maybe)... and im sitting on my prestige boxes (just wasnt much i wanted from the set when it dropped so i didnt open)..

... ... ... so now im out of money
I sold 3 Prestige on ebay last week but that's it for me. I am not selling at charity rates ;)

I sold 3 Prestige on ebay last week but that's it for me. I am not selling at charity rates ;)
Yea if you've picked up anything I've said over the journey I am not afraid of the old buy, don't open and hold long term game.

Haven't quite mastered the 'sell for profit' bit yet though :ermm:

I like selling sealed stuff. I really hope the people hit big because I can't.
Im in one of those paradox situations...

I've only ever hit good cards when I open with my wife, who enjoys it, but then starts asking questions about how much I spend, so I don't open with her, then I hit bad things...

Im in one of those paradox situations...

I've only ever hit good cards when I open with my wife, who enjoys it, but then starts asking questions about how much I spend, so I don't open with her, then I hit bad things...

My missus opened last brilliance with me and hit the Pendles so that was good!

But this release...too many chances to hit GWS/GC/FREO junk

Are you sure retailers got allocated stock? I don't reckon they did. If they wanted any boxes they had to purchase like everyone else I thought, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Back
Top Bottom