Bradman card issues 1928-1970 A collectors guide book

gday to everyone very new to all this i am looking for any price guides on early cricket cards. I have skinners cigarette card price guide but would like to no price of other cards i have [allens,hoadleys] etc.I also have 1 card from1896 tally ho cricketers W Storer any idea of rarity or value.I am collecting older australian cricket cards and am hoping to buy some over time . Thanks to anyone replying.

G'day, I can help you in your pursuit of early cards & price other cards i you wish. I have an extensive collection of pre 1980 Australian & English Cig & Trade cards and also have accumulated Research Material and notes on them over the past 20 years in addition to maintaining a digital database of 35,000 card images (front & back) from just about every series or individual card ever issued between the 1870's & 1980's. I also have four albums of spare cricket related cards from this era, which I'd be happy to pass on at a reasonable price. If you have a Wants list I'd be happy to look at it - E: [email protected]

Cheers,

Steve F.

gday steve thanks for your reply wow that's an amazing amount of cards and information you have i would be interested in looking at them my email address is [email protected] if that is any help to you. i am not very good with computers/technology so my replys may take time 1 card i need is the bettington card from the wills 1928/29 series and an upgraded card of andrews to finish the set cheers mathew ps what would a resonable price be

NOOOO! - There are 39 known cards, numbered to 1 to 32, with 7 additional ones at the numbers identified above. 10 Different ad backs (each ad on the back of 4 of the 39 cards - one ad only exists on 3 of them!) I'm not sure how you decide which is the rarer of the two cards at each of the 7 numbers, but as I have 22/39 cards & only have the pair at #13 I'd suggest all other six double card issues are rare and #4 & #10 perhaps even more so

Always interested in what is in other collections. I have a reasonably large cricket card collection (c40 Albums of 1870's to 1980's issues - the modern stuff is relegated to shoe boxes) and enjoy making contact with others who share the same interest (especially in the U.K.) - Email if you wish to [email protected]
just for saying - I enjoy reading what you write about very knowledgeable and interestting

just for saying - I enjoy reading what you write about very knowledgeable and interestting
I second that, I have a pretty strong knowledge of the commercial era, 1993 and later, but my knowledge is very lacking in earlier releases so am always learning when i read anything from SJF

I have a copy of the book (#7/250) and helped Jodi in the finals months of the its production, which ran to 250 copies only and which she fully self produced & funded. This included introducing her to the owner of the largest private pre 1980's Cricket & VFL card collection in Australia, which I curate on behalf of the owner. She was able to source many of the images of the rarest Bradman cards/postcards and other items she hadn't yet sighted or obtained for the book, from this collection.

Her book is a great reference source for Bradman cards, but I'm sure even she would admit now it also helped flush out some others that weren't included in it originally and she has plans to do another version in the future.

If anyone has a query on any of the Bradman cards or any other pre 1980's cricket cards I can probably help - I have developed an image database with >35,000 digital images (Fronts & versos where applicable) of almost every cricket card ever issued from the rarest 1897 Tally Ho's & other 19th Century Australian and English cards right through to the Scanlens & Sunicrust cards of the 1970's & 80's. Beyond the 1980's when the decks got too large (Futera, Select etc) I have relegated the collection to shoe boxes and haven't tried to keep up as its hard enough finding the pre 1980's stuff that I am missing.
Hi, would you mind telling me the value of this card

s-l1600 (2).png

s-l1600.jpg

The value of this card is a real moving target as Bradman card prices have skyrocketed over the past 12 months and I've seen a VG examples of this card sell online (eBay) for >A$1000, which in my opinion is way more than what it's worth! (I sold five of them overseas just over 14 months ago for A$50 each!) This card is one of a set of 48 issued in 1928/29 of which there are 8 cards (apart from the Bradman card, which was once relatively common) which are extremely difficult to find and make the set very difficult to collect. Your card is also damaged which will reduce its value somewhat, but I'd suggest it's probably worth around $A100 in this condition. That being said I've also seen the same card in worse condition sell in recent times for >$300 so it's difficult to read the market with any accuracy, especially since the more recent inflation of Bradman card values. Ultimately if you have two buyers seeking this card with $$$ to spend, it could go much higher based on activities associated with his cards over the past 12 months or so. Hope this helps - Steve F.

The value of this card is a real moving target as Bradman card prices have skyrocketed over the past 12 months and I've seen a VG examples of this card sell online (eBay) for >A$1000, which in my opinion is way more than what it's worth! (I sold five of them overseas just over 14 months ago for A$50 each!) This card is one of a set of 48 issued in 1928/29 of which there are 8 cards (apart from the Bradman card, which was once relatively common) which are extremely difficult to find and make the set very difficult to collect. Your card is also damaged which will reduce its value somewhat, but I'd suggest it's probably worth around $A100 in this condition. That being said I've also seen the same card in worse condition sell in recent times for >$300 so it's difficult to read the market with any accuracy, especially since the more recent inflation of Bradman card values. Ultimately if you have two buyers seeking this card with $$$ to spend, it could go much higher based on activities associated with his cards over the past 12 months or so. Hope this helps - Steve F.
Thankyou for your reply,which are the 8 cards that are hard to find in this set

The 8 are a'Beckett, Andrews, Bettington, Hooker, Ironmonger, Kelleway, Nothling & Scott. You should also note there are two distinctly different issues of the a'Beckett card (One with him depicted from the hips up and another from the thighs up, with the margin between his head and the top of the card very much smaller in the second version that the first one.) And to make things more complicated there are also versions of some of the 48 cards with Anonymous Reverses - I've seen about 30 of them (possibly proof sheet cards).

The 8 are a'Beckett, Andrews, Bettington, Hooker, Ironmonger, Kelleway, Nothling & Scott. You should also note there are two distinctly different issues of the a'Beckett card (One with him depicted from the hips up and another from the thighs up, with the margin between his head and the top of the card very much smaller in the second version that the first one.) And to make things more complicated there are also versions of some of the 48 cards with Anonymous Reverses - I've seen about 30 of them (possibly proof sheet cards).
thankyou

Hi Stephen !

Just wondering if you can confirm this Steam Rollers card front and back pic matches up? so I know what I'm looking for when I search to buy one

front Bradman steam rollers s1.JPG
back front Bradman steam rollers s1.JPG

Back
Top Bottom