Bradman card issues 1928-1970 A collectors guide book

matoz71

OzCardTrader
Real Name
mat
gday to everyone very new to all this i am looking for any price guides on early cricket cards. I have skinners cigarette card price guide but would like to no price of other cards i have [allens,hoadleys] etc.I also have 1 card from1896 tally ho cricketers W Storer any idea of rarity or value.I am collecting older australian cricket cards and am hoping to buy some over time . Thanks to anyone replying.

SJF CRICKET

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Stephen
eBay User
Ebay not for me
G'day, I can help you in your pursuit of early cards & price other cards i you wish. I have an extensive collection of pre 1980 Australian & English Cig & Trade cards and also have accumulated Research Material and notes on them over the past 20 years in addition to maintaining a digital database of 35,000 card images (front & back) from just about every series or individual card ever issued between the 1870's & 1980's. I also have four albums of spare cricket related cards from this era, which I'd be happy to pass on at a reasonable price. If you have a Wants list I'd be happy to look at it - E: sjflemm62@yahoo.com.au

Cheers,

Steve F.

matoz71

OzCardTrader
Real Name
mat
gday steve thanks for your reply wow that's an amazing amount of cards and information you have i would be interested in looking at them my email address is mathewosborne3@gmail.com if that is any help to you. i am not very good with computers/technology so my replys may take time 1 card i need is the bettington card from the wills 1928/29 series and an upgraded card of andrews to finish the set cheers mathew ps what would a resonable price be

jj76

OzCardTrader
Real Name
john jones
NOOOO! - There are 39 known cards, numbered to 1 to 32, with 7 additional ones at the numbers identified above. 10 Different ad backs (each ad on the back of 4 of the 39 cards - one ad only exists on 3 of them!) I'm not sure how you decide which is the rarer of the two cards at each of the 7 numbers, but as I have 22/39 cards & only have the pair at #13 I'd suggest all other six double card issues are rare and #4 & #10 perhaps even more so

Always interested in what is in other collections. I have a reasonably large cricket card collection (c40 Albums of 1870's to 1980's issues - the modern stuff is relegated to shoe boxes) and enjoy making contact with others who share the same interest (especially in the U.K.) - Email if you wish to sjflemm62@mcservices.com.au
just for saying - I enjoy reading what you write about very knowledgeable and interestting

May-Z

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Matt
eBay User
may--z
just for saying - I enjoy reading what you write about very knowledgeable and interestting
I second that, I have a pretty strong knowledge of the commercial era, 1993 and later, but my knowledge is very lacking in earlier releases so am always learning when i read anything from SJF

Top Bottom