Boxes vs Singles

rob83ss

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Rob
eBay User
b_dog_0357
Why buy boxes opposed to just buying the singles that you are after from the set? Apart from the thrill of opening packets. I know there can be big hits but how many boxes have you bought and came out down?

It was different when I was a kid, I couldn’t buy the singles I was after nor a box of cards

Is there anything I am missing? I want to buy some select 2016 certified but feel that the cards I want I can buy signally but at the same time I want to open a box of cards.

What do majority do once they have opened a box with the inserts they get?

I personally love opening boxes. Not knowing what you are going to hit is the most fun. Buying singles is just too easy, it doesn’t mean as much to me. When you hit cards fresh from a box they are new and only you have owned them. But in fairness, I don’t collect one player or team, I just like nice cards.

Agree with you regarding the value, most times you will lose. But try not to worry about the value if you plan to keep the cards, just enjoy the ones you hit.

I personally love opening boxes. Not knowing what you are going to hit is the most fun. Buying singles is just too easy, it doesn’t mean as much to me. When you hit cards fresh from a box they are new and only you have owned them. But in fairness, I don’t collect one player or team, I just like nice cards.

Agree with you regarding the value, most times you will lose. But try not to worry about the value if you plan to keep the cards, just enjoy the ones you hit.

Yeah fair call. I need to stop worrying about getting value and just collect cards.

Question, when you open box after box after box. What does everyone do with their base? Especially breakers, I wonder what they do with all that base.

If you have disposable money coming out your ears, go for boxes or better cases.
*or if you have some disposable money, buy 1-2 boxes and then buy singles.
*or if you have only small/medium budget, buy singles.

It's all great to buy boxes with a chance of hitting a massive card to get that rush, but long term you will always be better off buying singles. You might not get as big of a rush (I get a little one when they arrive) but you have a sense of accomplishment that you ticked one off the list and to me personally that is a lot more gratifying then the rush of hitting something big.

After a few errors of figuring out what I do, I generally buy a box or 2 for the rush and then buy singles to get both ends of the spectrum. First time doing it with Dominance 2.0 and worked out really well where previously I would throw my entire budget at boxes, end up with shit and nothing to trade and no money which put me two steps behind everyone else in getting my set.

This time I think I'm on track to complete my Eagles set before the other Eagle collectors.

Most people bin the commons, a few donate them to kids charities and so forth if they will accept it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom