Box buying advice

Scotty_WCE

West Coast card collector!
Real Name
Scott
eBay User
scotty_wce
Hi guys, never busted a Series 2 box earlier than 2013 so since I have a little bit of cash at the moment I'd like to try one out.

I will be buying from Al's Card Shop, so they will be unsearched boxes. All boxes cost $235.

My options are:

2004 Conquest
2004 Ovation
2006 Supreme
2007 Supreme
2009 Pinnacle
2010 Prestige
2011 Infinity
2012 Eternity

Or do I just go for a massive mixed grill? I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Cheers,
Scott :)

Well if you want value, then 06 Supreme would be the way to go - if you look at Cardzone's box prices, I think its ~240 per box compared to the others which are all lower than that.

Ovation or a massive mixed grill.
Ovation is an interesting series: you can get a Captain Signature or a Gamebreaker, but otherwise there's not much.
Well if you want value, then 06 Supreme would be the way to go - if you look at Cardzone's box prices, I think its ~240 per box compared to the others which are all lower than that.
In January this year I saw someone get a Cousins Brownlow Signature from a loose packet at Al's. So there might not be any redemptions in the other boxes they have if they are from the same case (which I assume they would be). That's why I'm a little hesitant on 06 Supreme otherwise I'd go for it.

Ovation is an interesting series: you can get a Captain Signature or a Gamebreaker, but otherwise there's not much.

In January this year I saw someone get a Cousins Brownlow Signature from a loose packet at Al's. So there might not be any redemptions in the other boxes they have if they are from the same case (which I assume they would be). That's why I'm a little hesitant on 06 Supreme otherwise I'd go for it.

Yeah fair enough, probably stay away then. Although I have heard stories of 3 Redemptions being pulled from 1 case in that series...

Dynasty would be my next pick. I'm sure you'd love one of these...

upload_2014-6-2_22-2-13-png.92616

Yeah fair enough, probably stay away then. Although I have heard stories of 3 Redemptions being pulled from 1 case in that series...

Dynasty would be my next pick. I'm sure you'd love one of these...

upload_2014-6-2_22-2-13-png.92616
Yeah good point, there could well be more redemptions. Not sure if I want to take that risk!

You couldn't imagine how much I would love one of those Juddys, however I'm pretty sure Al's no longer has any Dynasty boxes (see list above). Otherwise, again, that would be my choice.

Lots of inserts hof, hof limited edition, patch card plus a chance of a hof sig, I recently busted a case of eternity and prime and eternity was hands down the more fun to bust

Lots of inserts hof, hof limited edition, patch card plus a chance of a hof sig, I recently busted a case of eternity and prime and eternity was hands down the more fun to bust
Fair call. I think I can get eternity cheaper online direct from Select than from Al's, so will consider that.

Ok have settled on 2007 Supreme, in the hope of getting a Judd or Embley redemption. With an Eternity maybe a bit later. Looking forward to the bust!

Back
Top Bottom