Bowman Chrome Prospect

edz

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Edmond
Nice hit mate, but yeah some of these baseball players are pretty lazy with their autos!
If you have any ichiro or ohtani cards, let me know! Thanks.

Real Name
David
I do have a few Ohtani cards( no autos, just inserts and base) but hanging on to all of them. He's a special talent. What he did in the DH this year was pretty awesome. I just hope he can pitch again. He really did look like a genuine two-way player.

edz

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Edmond
No worries, yeah seems like a one in a lifetime player. Hopefully having a year off from pitching after successful tommy surgery will help him pitch again! I got a few base and inserts of him, one auto/jersey card and a redemption I am waiting on.

Did you see some of the 2018 triple threads breaks? Just came out today and looks awesome!

Real Name
David
Bit mixed about Triple Threads tbh. There are indeed some awesome looking relics but to see a stick-on auto accompany many of them is frankly terrible. Looked about a 50/50 ratio stick-on to hard signed.

And there were some boxes with 'hits' that were absolutely s***e despite the attempts by the breaker to suggest otherwise. The triple relic cards are great looking cards but the single relic ones seem like just a slightly bigger version than those in Topps Baseball.

The base cards look quite nice but at $200+ US per box I'm not sure it's one of the better value products out there.

I'll keep watching the breaks but I'd rather purchase a single of this product than breaking a box.

Thanks for the heads up.

Edit: probably about 80/20 ratio sticker/hardsigned

Last edited:

edz

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Edmond
Yeah, I am going to agree with you. I watched a few more breaks today (since it only released a couple days ago) and I saw someone buy 5 boxes and didn't get anything nice. With the AUD currency being weak, it's hard to justify buying boxes. I do like the on-card autos as well but I think the focus on this release was patches etc.

Top Bottom