Bought from a potential ebay scammer. What can I do?

juxedo

OzCardTrader
Real Name
juxedo
This is very embarassing. I'm usually very carefull and dilligent when buying on ebay. However, this time I got sucked in and did not go through all my usual checks. Only after payment did I go back and check. To my horror I think I made a huge mistake.
Seller is from China. Zero feedback. Zero other items for sale. Deal too good to be true.
I have never been in this position before. What are my options? I will not post the deal or ebay ID in case going public damages any recourse I have.
Other details that may be relevant are payment was through paypal. Seller immediately sent through a tracking number after payment. Shipping via economy and they have informed it will take 21-25 business days.

I've done the same in the past. Bought a Michael Jordan Patch numbered to 10 for $78USD. I held out hope that it was a genuine sale (although I knew deep down it was too good to be true) and waited 10-12 days for the card to arrive. I think eBay made contact with me and refunded me the money.

Just log an item not received case and put some words in the comments like what you have above. It should all get sorted.

as the buyer you will be fine and will be able to get your paypal refunded if the card doesn't show.

you will have to wait a minimum of 30 days though

I hope the card shows for you though man and it works out well

Thanks for the advice. I highly doubt it will turn up based on how ridiculously low the BIN price was compared to market value.

Thanks for the advice. I highly doubt it will turn up based on how ridiculously low the BIN price was compared to market value.

That's unfortunate, sounds like they got a quick paypal loan from you... but you're well & truly covered from eBay buyer protection

Yeah, stupid mistake. Wish ebay reorganised their app layout so that the ebay ID and details are presented closer to the top instead of all those sponsered adds. Might need to get a bot written up so it screens 0 feedback sellers so this doesn't happen again.

Updating this thread. I filed a claim with ebay and in less than a day they reverse the purchase and I got a full refund. Very happy with the whole process and outcome. Was smooth and painless.

I found an interesting one. I put an offer to someone on eBay has a low rating and they offer me a trade lmao

Back
Top Bottom