Books!

wolvesjr34

Morrow Super Collector
Real Name
AJ
eBay User
wolvesjr34
So I am sure there are some intellectuals on this here board... okay I hope ;)

What do you like reading? BESIDES SLAM!!

I personally have a thing for Mack Bolan novels, love the violence heehee

Also a big fan of John Grisham and Tom Clancy. At the moment though my focus is on books with a southern African theme... so wilber smith, beverley Harper etcetera.....

come on folks tell me something about the books you liked growing up....

for me it was the Hardy Boys and Enclyopedia brown.... they ruled!

im a fantasy/supernatural kinda gal, fav authors are, anne bishop, jacqueline carey, james clemens, sherilyn kenyon and laura hamilton

I used to read those Choose Your Own Adventure & Fighting Fantasy books, but don't really spend a lot of time reading books these days. Generally read magazines, and occasionally books.

One book I just finished was U2's Walk On Biography. Interesting read about their roots and how they tie into Christianity.

well i'm still in school. Every year i read at least 6 issues of Slam, used to read XXL but doesn't sell anymore. Also read the Athlon Sports College Basketball guide annually.

I'm still in school so reading a lot of books for academics.

Nah Magic I don't read Slam... I just thought I'd use that as it was only basketball magazine I could remember to name... LMAO

Yes I had to read the Great Gatsby for English..... and I am usually (was) a prolific reader) I had read 40 books in a month... but after reading Great Gatsby I couldn't pick up another book for two months!!! LMAO

Recently read Richard Branson's biography. Pretty good.
Prior to that I read the biography of Lou Holtz, which was exceptional.
Next on the list is Vince Lombardi

Im getting back into my huge Raymond E Feist collection, gonna read the whole saga from start to finish, i wish they would make his books into movies, they would be awsome. i just finished Ian Irvine's View from the mirror quartet, he creates such an amazingly complex and realistic fantasy world with such realistic characters.

i love true crime books, after reading just about every mafia book i could get my hands on, i have moved on (most of the mafia books are all the same just different names, at the same time a good read). but my favourite author would have to be Dan Brown, when i start reading his books i find them very hard to put down very addictive.

JZA said:
Im getting back into my huge Raymond E Feist collection, gonna read the whole saga from start to finish, i wish they would make his books into movies, they would be awsome. i just finished Ian Irvine's View from the mirror quartet, he creates such an amazingly complex and realistic fantasy world with such realistic characters.

great taste in books mate!:D
have you tried david eddings?, or david gemmell they are both awesome;)

cath15 said:
great taste in books mate!:D
have you tried david eddings?, or david gemmell they are both awesome;)

cheers Cath, i have one eddings book "the redemption of althalus" which i thought was pretty good. havent tried gemmell, thanks for the tip ill give him a try. i also tried to get into Robert Jordans "wheel of time" series but it just didnt grip me like Feists books do.

cool, gemmell is great he's like the godfather of the fighting fantasty books, and eddings is just an awesome writer, he wrote 2 series that are classics of the fantasy genre,read "the belgariad" and then " the Malloreon" check them out they are both 5 books long but are fantastic reads they were the first fantasy book i ever read and the got me hooked on the genre, the malloreon series is a follow on from the belgariad.
as for the jordan book they are good you just have to persist a bit with them and they get better i just re-read them a little while , also another good author is sara douglass, definately worth checking out she has quite a few series out now, the first series she wrote is called "the axis trilogy" then "the wayfarer redemption"

I've been reading robert.g.barret books trying to read all of his Les Norton books in order. Aahhhh the big red headed Queenslander........

Back
Top Bottom