Blocking out serial numbers on graded cards

GarnettFan4Life

Administrator
Real Name
Matt
COMC User
GarnettFan4Life
What's everyones thoughts on covering up the serial number on graded cards?

I do it instead of watermarking basically so if I know I'm likely to keep the card for a long time I do it. Started a long time ago so people couldn't take the picture and put for sale anywhere.

If I was selling I wouldn't block it out so people could look it up in the pop report if needed.

What's everyone think?

I’ve started blocking them out, my fear is that someone will use my images and rip someone off and my card will be tainted with bad karma 😂

I do however send the proper pics with serials via pm to interested buyers (usually with good feedback).

Sounds good doing that for legit buyers!

I was only thinking about this last night when i saw a pic on a Facebook groups wanted post and thought damn that pic looks familiar and it was one of my cards.
Luckily only a wanted post and not for sale but definitely made more aware...

I was only thinking about this last night when i saw a pic on a Facebook groups wanted post and thought damn that pic looks familiar and it was one of my cards.
Luckily only a wanted post and not for sale but definitely made more aware...

Oh I could imagine the initial reaction of “wtf is going on here”.. then oh you just want one haha. Still a weird feeling seeing your photo being used.

Back
Top Bottom