Black Out Mailday

skip20

The (un)official PC Showdown Special Comments Guy
Real Name
Skip
Well, I'm very slowly getting around to rescanning my entire collection so I'll be sharing the newest additions in some quick fire maildays....

Starting off with probably my favourite card design of all time - the Black Lustrous autos! I knwo there are mostly scrubs on display here but the classic UD Black design and silver sharpie on card autos are too sexy to resist! I'll try to go for the base set so if you have any I need feel free to PM me.

SCN_0370.jpg SCN_0371.jpg SCN_0372.jpg SCN_0373.jpg SCN_0374.jpg SCN_0375.jpg SCN_0376.jpg SCN_0377.jpg SCN_0378.jpg SCN_0379.jpg SCN_0380.jpg SCN_0381.jpg SCN_0382.jpg SCN_0383.jpg SCN_0384.jpg SCN_0385.jpg

Up next is one for the Dunk Champs side PC of Harold 'Baby Jordan' Miner /40. More on card silver sharpie goodness!

SCN_0369.jpg

Finally, ending it off with some Logo Signatures all /40. While the gold sharpie sigs are pretty schmick the gold foil print is a little shabbily executed but when you land three Dream Teamer autos it's hard to be too disappointed! The Admiral, The Mailman and the token college kid....

SCN_0367.jpg SCN_0366.jpg SCN_0368.jpg

Thanks for lending me your eyes. Comments and likes always most appreciated! There'll be plenty more maildays to come as I try to overcome my photobucketing disaster....

Cheers
Skip

Some very fine cardboard, will always be one of my all time fav brands.

Black is back! Not as good as the NBA variety but the Lustrous are a mighty fine offering

Hey mate just wanted to know if you have any kay felders

Zero Kay Felders mate, but I do like the way he played back in college!

Man, this is exactly why I still can't let go of my UD Black collection.

Its such a great looking card series in hand. That set your building there already looks fab!

Malone has a really nice sig.
Are you going for the logo set as well?

Wow these are cool. Noir could learn a thing or two about using pens like this, they are beautiful autos. Keep it up!

Man, this is exactly why I still can't let go of my UD Black collection.
Its such a great looking card series in hand. That set your building there already looks fab!
Malone has a really nice sig.
Are you going for the logo set as well?

If you've been away from the hobby for a while you need to knwo those background college logos / country flags are actually acetate so it makes a good thing even better! They would have obviously been better in NBA colours but the end product speaks for itself. The logo cards are nice too but to do that chase would be even more cash consuming that what I already have going on! Plus there are some finishing flaws which leave me a bit cold... I only have 2 Malone autos but yes, definitely one of the nicer ones in the hobby.

Wow these are cool. Noir could learn a thing or two about using pens like this, they are beautiful autos. Keep it up!

Sharpies, not paint pens! I'm no UD fan boy or anything but those Noir autos leave me cold....it reminds of someone trying to autograph a card with liquid paper!

I think his in with a good chance to make it somewhere this season coming. Thanks for the reply

Guy plays like a bowling ball going down hill! A lot depends on Kyrie but if Rose is the main man he may get his chance as Calderon's best days are well and truly behind him...

If you've been away from the hobby for a while you need to knwo those background college logos / country flags are actually acetate so it makes a good thing even better! They would have obviously been better in NBA colours but the end product speaks for itself. The logo cards are nice too but to do that chase would be even more cash consuming that what I already have going on! Plus there are some finishing flaws which leave me a bit cold... I only have 2 Malone autos but yes, definitely one of the nicer ones in the hobby.

Uuhhhhhhhh, Acetate as well. Yeah, couldn't tell from the picks, I can sort of imagine what they would look like in hand.

I know, I know. Many still favour the NBA uni stuff over the non NBA uni stuff.
It sort of shows in some ways in past sales on e-bay etc
Still, the designs and looks of those cards are very nice.

Uuhhhhhhhh, Acetate as well. Yeah, couldn't tell from the picks, I can sort of imagine what they would look like in hand.

I know, I know. Many still favour the NBA uni stuff over the non NBA uni stuff.
It sort of shows in some ways in past sales on e-bay etc
Still, the designs and looks of those cards are very nice.

They remind me most of the old SP Rookie Threads (as below) - seriously sweet cards though even if they were pictured in their YMCA uniforms!

2008-09 SP Rookie Threads - [Base] #72 - Jason Thompson /599
Courtesy of COMC.com

They remind me most of the old SP Rookie Threads (as below) - seriously sweet cards though even if they were pictured in their YMCA uniforms!

2008-09 SP Rookie Threads - [Base] #72 - Jason Thompson /599
Courtesy of COMC.com

Uhhhh, I used to own one of those.

I didn't end up going for the set, as I found it annoying that the jersey/patch was hidden in the card.

Half the fun is being able to touch and feel the material along with auto.
Its why I only collected auto patches to begin with, rather than just a normal auto

Sets like UD black are why its sad that UD arent in the NBA game anymore. I would love to see it back again with modern rooks and GU patches. Sick stuff Skip.

Uhhhh, I used to own one of those.
I didn't end up going for the set, as I found it annoying that the jersey/patch was hidden in the card.
Half the fun is being able to touch and feel the material along with auto.
Its why I only collected auto patches to begin with, rather than just a normal auto

I know we've all run our finger across a patch before - but this ain't no Carrie Stroup card Mike! :-P

Patch autos only - way to roll man, like a boss!

Sets like UD black are why its sad that UD arent in the NBA game anymore. I would love to see it back again with modern rooks and GU patches. Sick stuff Skip.

Those small subtle differences can have a huge impact! Still, they do look pretty schmick as they are!

I know we've all run our finger across a patch before - but this ain't no Carrie Stroup card Mike! :-P

Patch autos only - way to roll man, like a boss!

Those small subtle differences can have a huge impact! Still, they do look pretty schmick as they are!

OMG, lol. I don't even know what to say to that, as it makes me out like some sexual stalker that is constantly feeling patch autos i collect lol

But seriously, I only went after patch autos as anyone can have an auto.
And if i'm keen enough to spend hard earned on a player/model/hollywood star. and most times, outside of my normal pc, its only ever going to be 1 card i treasure, it might as be one that i am very happy with to call my own.
Thats why more often than not, i'm willing to pay more for the "right card" that i am looking for.

OMG, lol. I don't even know what to say to that, as it makes me out like some sexual stalker that is constantly feeling patch autos i collect lol
But seriously, I only went after patch autos as anyone can have an auto.
And if i'm keen enough to spend hard earned on a player/model/hollywood star. and most times, outside of my normal pc, its only ever going to be 1 card i treasure, it might as be one that i am very happy with to call my own.
Thats why more often than not, i'm willing to pay more for the "right card" that i am looking for.

Your not known to dabble in the shallow end of the pool Mike! You've always had killer stuff and now I know why!

Your not known to dabble in the shallow end of the pool Mike! You've always had killer stuff and now I know why!

Silly enough as it sounds, I'm just amazed myself as I sell off cards of my side collections and what they are worth now to collectors - especially in the Exquisite world.
The pther day i felt so bad, I spent 2 weeks looking for a card in my collection for someone! 2 bloody weeks! Drove me nuts!

I certainly wont be selling off everything, but sometimes life changes for you.

And turning around some old cards, for some new ones may keep me semi amused for a while :wave:

Silly enough as it sounds, I'm just amazed myself as I sell off cards of my side collections and what they are worth now to collectors - especially in the Exquisite world.
The pther day i felt so bad, I spent 2 weeks looking for a card in my collection for someone! 2 bloody weeks! Drove me nuts!
I certainly wont be selling off everything, but sometimes life changes for you.
And turning around some old cards, for some new ones may keep me semi amused for a while :wave:

It always pays to invest in quality - I understand the life change thing all too well...but don't leave 10 years between posts next time! hah hah

Back
Top Bottom