Big bust coming...but I need your advice

Which option would you pick?

• Option A (100 loose packs)

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Option B (64 loose packs and 1 box of XL Ultra)

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scotty_WCE

West Coast card collector!
Real Name
Scott
eBay User
scotty_wce
Hi guys,

Some of you may remember this thread from early last year: http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/community/threads/im-excited.163275/ , where a relative who went to Melbourne paid a visit to Cardzone for me and bought me some packs of cards.

Well, she's going over again this weekend. This time I've had a little longer to save, so I will be able to buy more cards. To be precise, I'm going to be spending ~ $600.

Which leads me to the part where I need your advice. I've got two options for what I could buy:

Option A: Approximately 100 loose packs of various series (including 7 packs of 2003 XL Ultra)

Option B: Approximately 64 loose packs of various series and one box of 2003 XL Ultra

What would you pick? The main reason XL Ultra is the series I'm focussing on is so I can try and pull a Chris Judd Guernsey card, which has odds of 1:15 boxes.

Effectively, I'm choosing between 30 loose packs of other series and 17 extra packs of XL Ultra.

If you could please place your vote in the poll above I'd really appreciate it, and I'd love to hear why you voted as you did :)

Thanks for reading!

Cheers,
Scott :)

It's "A all the way" for me mate! You might hit a spectacular card in those 100 packs that you could trade or sell to raise funds for the Juddy XL Ultra card. You might even hit a spectacular Eagles card for yourself!

It's "A all the way" for me mate! You might hit a spectacular card in those 100 packs that you could trade or sell to raise funds for the Juddy XL Ultra card. You might even hit a spectacular Eagles card for yourself!
Very good point!

100 loose packs, its more fun opening different release than same things. or buy half of the 2003xl box and if you are lucky enough to pick the right packs it would be much like buying the whole box, then some loose packs.

With the price of the Select 2003 box being around the same as the Judd guernsey card, i'd just purchase the card!

Then get approx 60 assorted packs, to fit your budget - including some from 2003.

With the price of the Select 2003 box being around the same as the Judd guernsey card, i'd just purchase the card!

Then get approx 60 assorted packs, to fit your budget - including some from 2003.
This sounds good just depends on whether you like busting packs or buy the card and you never know what you may in the 50 loose packs you buy

Thanks everyone for your advice. My plan at this stage is to get 100 loose packs and hopefully I will get some nice cards which I can trade for the Judd Guernsey card or sell to buy it. :)

Back
Top Bottom