Big boys, bad boys, tall boys and my PC boys!

skip20

The (un)official PC Showdown Special Comments Guy
Real Name
Skip
Time to make some noyz for my boyz! lol :-P

The Man Child and the Lost Boy
Starting off slowly we've got a Skybox Block Party insert (Skybox was always a fave product of mine) and a Joe Alexander Significance /249.
SAVE0335.jpg

The Under-Rated Boys
Couple of nice looking Signing Day autos (Hairston and Koufos) and a SPX Odom GU.
SAVE0336.jpg

The Run n Gun Boys
Some former gun slinging Warriors who used to rack up a few points during their time in Oakland... Azubuike auto (haven't seen too many of those around), B Diddy GU /199 and a nice J-Rich Blue Divisional Artifacts #32/50
SAVE0337.jpg

My PC Boy (Kidd - get it?) and a couple of Beastie Boys!
Kidd Court Masters GU and Zo Cut from Cloth GU
SAVE0338.jpg

...and a Harris / Kidd GU and a Kareem Scoring Legends GU / 249 (go the gogs!)
SAVE0339.jpg

As Ali G would say 'Batty Boy'!
Actually, that's a bit harsh, I'll call him Chinese TV Ad Boy - watch the NBA over there and his ad will be on all the time for Peak shoes... Rare Remnants Triple Patch #13/25 - pretty average patch, but veeeeery thick card!
SAVE0340.jpg

PC Boy - Take II!
Quite impressed by the Donruss Elite product - some good looking stuff in hand. Especially the ARCeologists patch #43/50!
SAVE0341.jpg

'T' for Tradebait Boy
If the Hawks don't move this guy soon I'd be very surprised.... Nice letterman auto! /660
SAVE0343.jpg

The Big Boys
Big Al and a nasty Ewing patch with great Knicks colours!
SAVE0342.jpg

The Original Bad Boy
The baddest of the Bad Boy Pistons - cheap shot artist Bill Laimbeer himself! SPGU Legendary Fabrics GU / auto #47/50 Great design and an even better signature!
SAVE0346.jpg

The Biggest Boy!
Yao Ultimate sig #37/75 Hoping he can get fit and make it back on the court next year because the dude has game!
SAVE0345.jpg

Oh Boy!
Time for some Vinsanity! Topps Signatues auto /599. Love the picture on this card and when the Nets had the Kidd, Carter, Jefferson trio! My first Vince carter auto too!
SAVE0344.jpg

The Boys You Don't Wanna Mess With....
Couple of enforcers on the court - you'd definitely want them on your team instead of playing against them! SPGU Dual auto swatch - Laimbeer and Artest #03/50 - awesome looking card but Artest sig is a little off sticker.
SAVE0347.jpg

The Tall Boy!
It's finally here! My avatar has finally arrived in card form! The best old school tallboy Oscar has going around IMO! Actually, one of the best looking old school cards full stop! Not exactly a rare Oscar (but not too common either) but getting one in decent condition at a fair price is quite difficult. This one has some surface flaws and left / right centering is a bit off but some of the best sharp corners I've seen and at the price I paid it was an absolute no brainer!
SAVE0353.jpg

SAVE0354.jpg

That's it for now boys! Got some PC stuff coming in soon and a few nice odds n ends as always. If you're interested in any non-PC stuff just let me know. Thansk for looking and comments always appreciated!

Boy!, what an assortment in that mailday. Nice Oscar Tallboy to add to the pc.

Nice Pickups Skip! Love thatold school Oscar! Still a top looking set even today!

If I had to pick a best looking old school set to go after those 69-70 Topps would win hands down!

Boy!, what an assortment in that mailday. Nice Oscar Tallboy to add to the pc.

One of 2 people who responded pun for pun.... Love those oversized cards, boxtoppers, tallboys and just a few cards away from the Jam Session set completion!

Yeah love the old school cards, that Oscar is Niiicceee.

Doesn't seem to be many old school collectors around on OCT so I have to represent! 40 year old card but how sharp are the corners - nuts!

Sick mailday Skip! Love the Carter auto!

Had to get myself a Vinsanity auto - and this was about the most affordable one I could find! Plus I liked him on the Nets and the dunking pose just captures what he was all about!

HOF scoring legends and ewing patch a great.

congrats on landing ya sig :)

Cheers mate, landing the sig pic was a great mailday moment for me! Glad to be sharing!

nice oscar and cool looking pat patch

Cheers Branko, I don't have much Ewing stuff but that patch just screamed 'NY Knicks' and I had to grab it!

Digging that old school Oscar Robertson man! That is one sick card!

It might be an oldie, but it's a goodie! They just don't make 'em like they used to!

Oh boy, what a mailday!

It all started with the Laimbeer badboy and then the tallboy - so just ran with that theme!

Another good selection in this mailday.

Cheers mate, the randomness of collecting cards which take your fancy has its rewards!

Nice commentating with teh cards :D Ha ha ha

And congrats on finally scoring your avatar in card form :)

Didn't know you were into so many varied players and teams there,might have to dig a bit more up from the PC for ya :D Ha ha ha

I just appreciate good players who did something to contribute to what the game is today - guys who left a legacy! ....and you must have the world's biggest PC based on your sales thread!

new cards dont so it for me, that oscar rules

Indeed - Panini could learn a thing or two about good old fashioned card design by looking back to how it all began! Traditional is best! Vive la tallboy!

Back
Top Bottom