BGS mail day - jordan,rose,bird,erving and more.

sacface

OzCardTrader
Real Name
zac
eBay User
kellie0439
hi guys. this is my first experience with BGS. And while not dissapointed not overly happy either. sent 18 cards in total. lets see how i went.

jason kidd toops rookie spectralight. POP 3. none graded higher. happy with this one.
DSCF3341.JPG

sent two of these really hoping for 9.5's. kinda got skunked on each one for different sub grades.. POP 28. although there is 100 plus 9.5's
DSCF3348.JPG

2 jordan 93-94 finest. expected 9's on these due to centering but thought id try my luck. POP 215
DSCF3376.JPG

few more jordans ive had in the PC for a long time. really hoped for a 9.5 on the living legends (had 3 graded) just missed out by 0.5 point. POP 69
DSCF3355.JPG

POP 13 - HOOPS TOP 10
DSCF3356.JPG

Hot list POP 6
DSCF3384.JPG

so i busted a case of 2010-11 ultimate. sent in the best hits out of it.thought things were a bit harsh here, on the corners pretty much all of them getting a 8.5 sub grade. to the naked eye all these corers are pointy as, cant see nothing wrong with them... ahh well what you gonna do.. which means they all missed out on a 9.5 over all by 0.5 to a 1.0 a point.. grrrr.
POP 1 POP 3
DSCF3387.JPG
DSCF3388.JPG

POP 1 POP3
DSCF3389.JPG
DSCF3391.JPG

POP 4
DSCF3396.JPG

And a very nice case hit. devo. on the corners here.... POP 2
DSCF3399.JPG

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST DURANT PRIME AUTO 5/5. OHH SO CLOSE TO A 9.5 AGAIN.. POP 1
DSCF3385.JPG

So no 9.5's which is what i really wanted. good experience though been wanting to send cards to BGS for years.. some of these cards are for sale message me your interest.. need to fund another case break. thanks for looking guys. ;)

Wow, that is shocking that you didn't get at least 1 9.5. That being said, a 9 is a good grade on a few of those, like the West & Rose Autos, and the Kidd and the 9 on the MJ Living Legends is a fantastic grade considering the high condition sensitivity of that issue. And I would think about re-subbing the quad auto, a half point on the corners and you're golden.

Sux that you didnt get the grades you were looking for, always gotta wonder if the cards come back in worse condition then when sent. I didnt know they actually grade the autograph too, pretty cool.

Considering re-subbing the quad auto. Even the Durant only needed another .5 point.. Probly a waste of Money but.. Yea happy with the rose and west grades.. Black corners make it so hard.. Same with the foil on the Jordan legends... Looking at getting another case of something... Not a fan of panini and UD's older stuff is soo overpriced with expired redemptions... Might have better luck next time.. Or slip that $50 in too. ;)

Very nice hits in that Ultimate case mate, quad auto is sick! Maybe grab another case of Ultimate - MJ may be lurking in there!

Very nice hits in that Ultimate case mate, quad auto is sick! Maybe grab another case of Ultimate - MJ may be lurking in there!

Yea was thinking that.. But the redemptions just expired and I got 2 in the last case( Hakeem /50 , dual Hakeem/Ming ) if I hit a Jordan redemption I'd be pissed..

I don't really understand why you'd grade some of those, especially with such a corrupt company, but how does the Bird auto get only an 8????

I love the Living Legends though, that's very condition sensitive. The Durant auto patch is a damn sweet card with or without grading.

Yea was thinking that.. But the redemptions just expired and I got 2 in the last case( Hakeem /50 , dual Hakeem/Ming ) if I hit a Jordan redemption I'd be pissed..

Oh yeah, forgot about those redemptions! Pulled the same dual from one of my cases well over a year ago... still waiting :mad::mad:

Good luck on your next break whatever it is :thumbsup:

I don't really understand why you'd grade some of those, especially with such a corrupt company, but how does the Bird auto get only an 8????

I love the Living Legends though, that's very condition sensitive. The Durant auto patch is a damn sweet card with or without grading.

The bird auto has a faint smudge/finger print on the sticker..

Shame they gave the Bird Auto an 8, that's harsh. Better than both DRobs (obviously, as it's off the sticker) and Cousins' IMO.
Top-right corner on the quad auto looks a little funky to me, but that could be either the scan or me.

Still, gotta be reasonably pleased, but slightly dissed there's no 9.5s or Pristine 10s.

Back
Top Bottom