OzCardTrader
Real Name
Rob
eBay User
blackboosh
COMC User
Wombat32
Hi all.

Just a quick question to see if anyone here, or anyone could please recommend someone honest to send cards to BGS for grading?

Cheers.

ofA nice grade will add value to the card basically, some cards higher than others.
Look at recent sales of particular cards on ebay and most times the same card with a nice grade
will fetch more than a raw card.
I personally love graded and grading cards, except when they come back under 9.5 lol.
Contact Comc as they have 2 grading services and are always extremely helpful.
They have an in house one for like $2 and then the beckett service.
If I purchase a card from the states and have it sent there directly I sometimes get a quick in house check
just for a bit more piece of mind before I send for grading with beckett.
It's roughly a 3-5 day turn around and they will give me a good indication of the cards condition, and last I checked it was like $2.

Last edited:
What makes a card worth grading?
Age? Rareness? Other?
I have a COMC account but can't work out how to lodge a card for grading, I have to keep trying.
$12-14 usd seems really reasonable. Cheers

I've used the COMC system once. You can also send the card for them to examine before sending it to BGS, they'll let you know if it's nr-mt or mt, that costs $2.

has anyone sent in non american cards to any of the big american companies?
Im looking to get some AFL cards graded

I think it has been done before and I was thinking of doing the same with one card.
I am about to send off some cards to COMC and then send a couple to get graded. Costs around $14 US to get graded by BGS + shipping and handling back to AUS.

I have only even seen one AFL card and that was the Lance Franklin DPS Card

Capturelf.JPG

I have only even seen one AFL card and that was the Lance Franklin DPS Card

Capturelf.JPG

interesting! ive always been tempted to send one across and get it done with bgs and then unslab it and send it into our Australian grading and see what the differences in grades is like

or do it the cheaper way buy a BGS card and then send it to CGA to see how it compares

interesting! ive always been tempted to send one across and get it done with bgs and then unslab it and send it into our Australian grading and see what the differences in grades is like

I will probably send over a batch of cards this week to COMC.com if you do want one of yours graded.

Turnaround time would be 2-8 weeks to process to COMC and another 6-8 weeks for BGS grading + 1-2 weeks ship back to AUS

Is there any reason people have suggested sending to COMC over just sending direct to BGS? Just looking at sending a few cards in for grading myself and weighing up the two options. I have the cards (in Australia) and its looking like a pretty expensive exercise going direct to BGS:

Postage direct to BGS (inc insurance up to 1k) = ~$50AUD ($32 alone is insurance)
20 Day Grading = $12USD/$16AUD a card (x5 cards = $80AUD)
Return Postage = $60USD/$80AUD (as per BGS site)

So all up $210 to grade 5 cards. Seems crazy? Is the COMC way a more cost effective method?

Is there any reason people have suggested sending to COMC over just sending direct to BGS? Just looking at sending a few cards in for grading myself and weighing up the two options. I have the cards (in Australia) and its looking like a pretty expensive exercise going direct to BGS:

Postage direct to BGS (inc insurance up to 1k) = ~$50AUD ($32 alone is insurance)
20 Day Grading = $12USD/$16AUD a card (x5 cards = $80AUD)
Return Postage = $60USD/$80AUD (as per BGS site)

So all up $210 to grade 5 cards. Seems crazy? Is the COMC way a more cost effective method?

With this example you're at $42 AU / card.

I win the card on ebay, get it send to comc for $2 then have it graded for $14 by COMC - so just over $20 AUD per card (plus minimal shipping fee back home when I get all my COMC cards sent home)

If you don't have them direct from ebay to COMC, just send in your cards to COMC yourself for $10 AU then $10 AU to process. (downside being you are up for 2-8 weeks to process the cards and another 6 week turnaround for BGS grading).

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom